We are a family of foreigners living in Taiwan long time. I am an APRC holder and my wife is on dependent ARC.
We are seriously thinking about naturalization with possible renouncing our original citizenship. AFAIK the authority will consider us independently. For this and for some other reason we have to initiate our applications separately in time: first me, then (after few years) my wife. The advantage for her is she will go through "marriage to Taiwanese" route.
So, here we have several questions which I hope some of you can help:
- Assuming I will start the application for myself. How HHR will proceed my case because I am married and the spouse still keep its original citizenship? Will they make any record about?
- Does that automatically mean that after approval I immediately lose my APRC status and get TARC one?
- How about my wife status? will she need to apply some change from dependent ARC to somewhat else?
- When my wife will be eligible to apply for JFRV (including working rights)? only after I will get national ID? or early?
- How 3 years of residence for my wife as a wife of national is counted? from JFRV issue date or might be early?
- When my wife will submit her naturalization application how we can prove we are married? with using our old marriage certificate issued by our original home country?
I think our situation should not be very special but I cannot find any information for the case of family naturalization, even the paperwork looks not very clear. Any help or suggestions are welcome!
Thank you in advance!