Farmer markets in Taipei

Hi Folks,

Any idea of a farmer market near Taipei City Hall or let’s say anything in the East of Taipei City ? Does the Taipei Government maintain a list of such markets somewhere ?

Thanks

I don’t think there are any farmer’s markets as we know them in Taipei. But any wet market is, more or less.

There is one under the Xinsheng expressway just south of Nanjing E. Rd.(kitty corner from the big park). It’s there every Saturday and Sunday. The rest of the time it’s a parking lot.

Thanks, I’ll have to check that out.

I posted about the 248 organic farmer markets here: [forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 6#p1143446](Where can i find organic food + other food problems They also go to the Simple Market every Sunday, I think 1p-7p (or 2-8?). Simple Market is: 簡單市集, 50 Songqin St, Taipei City (台北市松勤街50號).

Thanks, would you mind to point that on Google Maps for me ?

Yes I was meaning wet market, sellers are not probably farmers but at least I think the goods come from local production or something… Any list somewhere ? There is a very very small one near my home on Songlong Road, not so great

Thanks, would you mind to point that on Google Maps for me ?[/quote]
Sorry, don’t know how to post google maps, but Xinsheng expressway is just one of three elevated expressways that run through the city (the other two being Jianguo and Civic). It’s in between Zhongshan N. Rd and Songjiang Rd and runs parallel to them. Closest MRT is Songjiang-Nanjing station.

gotta get me a farmer