Favorite Image of the Day (from anywhere)

The web is full of great images. How about a thread for your favorite image of the day? Must be attributed.

Mike Shaw – redbubble.com

I think Maoman would get angry.

Picacho Peak - Arizona Highways Magazine online

Mount Wachusett, I think?

Verena Popp-Hackner

Grand Manan

Gentle warning time.

It is potentially a breach of copyright to post these pics here without permission. Will most care? Probably not but some might and may send off takedown requests to f.com admin.

The best thing to do is post photos licensed under Creative Commons where possible. And at the very least post a link to the photographer’s website or Facebook page or Flickr account.

As I said, most won’t care too much but sometimes the exclusivity licensing agreements they have with others means they have to chase stuff like this up.

1 Like

[quote=“cfimages”]Gentle warning time.

It is potentially a breach of copyright to post these pics here without permission. Will most care? Probably not but some might and may send off takedown requests to f.com admin.

The best thing to do is post photos licensed under Creative Commons where possible. And at the very least post a link to the photographer’s website or Facebook page or Flickr account.

As I said, most won’t care too much but sometimes the exclusivity licensing agreements they have with others means they have to chase stuff like this up.[/quote]

Thanks cfimages - you make an important point concerning copyright.

Now, could you please think of posting something to end [url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/threadkilling/60669/1 particular thread[/url]? Perhaps, as successfully as you ended this one. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

From last Sunday’s New York Times: an old school trail cowboy in Louisiana spots the camera.

Phatpuppy redbubble

I lied

by Mimi Yoon redbubble

Great thread idea Fox.

Sorry for the double shot, but these two go together. Cool pics from Shuttle Endeavour’s final launch.

Wow. One for the daily photo hall of fame.

Cool shot, Fox. When the American television channel ESPN was in its infancy, around 1980 or so, it was so content-poor that it resorted to showing a whole season of Australian Rules Football. I could never figure out all the rules, but my brother did and he LOVED that game.

A random Google photo, here’s a blue-footed booby (well duh) in the Galapagos:

Bonn.

usually the daily one of this site:
wvs.topleftpixel.com/

been browsing this for years :slight_smile:

Unlikely companions, rescued from the floods in Central America.

Doggie later died, but kitty is pulling through

1 Like