Favorite Image of the Day (from anywhere)

From a Mexican joint somewhere in South Philly, via pal whose starting her studies at Temple

.facebook_1411623696509 by Bolita5, on Flickr

1 Like

nice image

Better image is at least imaginarily being sitting there, having good food with great friends in a cool place.

ahhh, stop doing that please :slight_smile:

What? I was about to put up my best meal in Canada: the bison burger in Victoria. :smiley:

Post the pictures by all means. Don’t make me think about it though :slight_smile:

[quote]A woman in Sweden has given birth to a baby boy using a transplanted womb, in a medical first, doctors report.

The 36-year-old mother, who was born without a uterus, received a donated womb from a friend in her 60s.

The British medical journal The Lancet says the baby was born prematurely in September weighing 1.8kg (3.9lb). The father said his son was “amazing”.

Prof Mats Brannstrom, who led the transplant team, described the birth in Sweden as a joyous moment.

"That was a fantastic happiness for me and the whole team, but it was an unreal sensation also because we really could not believe we had reached this moment.

“Our success is based on more than 10 years of intensive animal research and surgical training by our team and opens up the possibility of treating many young females worldwide that suffer from uterine infertility.”
[/quote]
bbc.com/news/health-29485996

Isn’t this the coolest thing?

Luv Japan.

bunnysummers.wordpress.com/2012 … -saturday/

petapixel.com/2015/06/15/raccoon … tors-back/

1 Like

That’s one badass raccoon. He’s the El Macho of the animal world.

1 Like

Andre Penner / AP

Guilherme Trivellato, from the British biotec company Oxitec, releases genetically modified Aedes aegypti mosquitoes—a vector for the spread of the Zika virus—in Piracicaba, Brazil, on February 1, 2016. Oxitec raises male mosquitoes that have been modified to produce offspring that do not live. These males are released into the target area, where they compete with wild males to mate with the wild females. Brazil is in the midst of a Zika outbreak and authorities say they have also detected a spike in cases of microcephaly in newborn children, but the link between Zika and microcephaly is as yet unproven.