Feedback regarding Forumosa's Moderators 2004

I’ve told you already in this thread what my point was (racism), but unfortunately some people (Mr He) have a selective memory and only see whatever fits their agenda, everything else is a lie, or irrelevant.
And BTW, Mr He has since made even more comments defending racial violence (and even laughing about it) in his attempt to get me to apologize for calling him a racist :unamused: You can look for examples yourself in the Flame forum.

Or I could defend my comments the way you defend racism: my comments were “taken out of context, and was more a freudian slip” and “is quite humoristic (and if said in a bar would make us all laugh - for the poster has a glint in his eye)”

And I did propose a ban in the spirit of democracy, but no one has taken it seriously, except Wolf.

?

come on.

Racist? If I posted something saying that a good Waishengren was a dead one, I should be banned.

Well, yes… but, you proposed a ban of yourself, not of Mr. He.

Unless I missed something?

um as the wanker who kicked all this off with his bastard waishengren comment i’d just like to say that i think too much has been made of it…i just checked what i wrote :“i shall fight them (bastard waishengren) in the ktv’s, i shall fight them in the massage parlors, i shall fight them in the shabu shabu restaurants…”

and it’s obviously a humorous comment tied in with a discussion of a possible civil war in taiwan and what us big-noses would do if the situation occurred…it’s only really my use of the word “bastard” thats offensive and i agreed with bu lai en to tone it down in future and i also made it clear to BFM that i was in no way advocating violence against his own family…whole things a storm in a teacup really…

Tigerman:

Actually, the poster will be suspended for 5 days and the mods will discuss for 3 days, at the end of which a poll is established and the mods have 2 days to vote, after which the poster is reinstated or banned.
Unless there is an assassination attempt or street protests…

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]Tigerman:

Actually, the poster will be suspended for 5 days and the mods will discuss for 3 days, at the end of which a poll is established and the mods have 2 days to vote, after which the poster is reinstated or banned.
Unless there is an assassination attempt or street protests…[/quote]

Yes, you’re correct. I should have looked at the rules/procedure… :blush: But, we can deliberate even while we are voting…

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]Tigerman:

Unless there is an assassination attempt or street protests…[/quote]

What’s the margin for a re-vote? Recount? Wait, that might expose erm…irregularities in the numbers. How about just count the winning decision’s votes? And the winning decision, should, of course, pay for it.

Is it okay to say I would help kill the commie bastards if they ever came across? Is that racist? Or politicist?

What about all the children of Japanese soldiers? Can we call them bastards?

I could be bribed…

Only if their fathers didn’t marry their mothers. :stuck_out_tongue:

Only if their fathers didn’t marry their mothers. :p[/quote]

I often call Dofu a “bastard son-of-a-bitch”.

Maoman,
I started a thread about meeting other furomosans in the flesh, which I chose no give the title of “Taichung City represent”. That title bore no resemblance to the content of the thread, but what of it? Is there a rule that states that the title must accurately describe the contents inside? Someone went over my head, and tidly changed the title to “How many Forumosans do you know in person?”, which lacks flavour, and is not how I chose to title my thread.

I believe that titles should not always reflect the exact nature of the contents. I would point you to book and song titles for examples of that.

Give me back my weird title. I created it.

Imploring,
Patterson.
(Who also uses his real name).

[quote]I believe that titles should not always reflect the exact nature of the contents.[/quote]I believe they should, Forumosa is a useful website, not an artistic one. Someday in the future people will want to find these topics, they can’t really do that if the title is gibberish.
It was otherwise a good subject that deserves a meaningful title. If you want to think of something artistic but meaningful, tasteful yet risque, naughty but nice, you are welcome to change it yourself.
But generally, I do consider peoples’ posts to be sacred, and I wouldn’t touch them.

PS. I’m also thinking of moving to the more “artistic” open forum too, shock ! horror ! :noway:

You advertise on the home page that you supply “Moderators you can reason with”. The title of my thread “the lady loves milk tray” was a joke. Which you then changed to “A mars a day” which i believed meant you indeed had “moderators you could reason with”. Then the thread got moved. Then it got re-titled to “unofficial traffic cops”. And then you also deleted part of one of my posts, and a whole other post in its entirety. WTF??? So you can now delete parts of posts which you find spurious? Shame on you. I hope you go through all the posts and delete the bits you find inappropriate.
The posters make the web-site. Not the mods. When is your next team meeting?

[quote=“patterson”]You advertise on the home page that you supply “Moderators you can reason with”. The title of my thread “the lady loves milk tray” was a joke. Which you then changed to “A mars a day” which i believed meant you indeed had “moderators you could reason with”. Then the thread got moved. Then it got re-titled to “unofficial traffic cops”. And then you also deleted part of one of my posts, and a whole other post in its entirety. WTF??? So you can now delete parts of posts which you find spurious? Shame on you. I hope you go through all the posts and delete the bits you find inappropriate.
The posters make the web-site. Not the mods. When is your next team meeting?[/quote]
Blame me, I did it. :boo-hoo:

“The lady loves milk tray” as a title for a thread about traffic? I don’t get the humour there Patty.

As for your post getting deleted, I suspect that what you perceived to be a bit of harmless fun came across instead as tedious mischief making. Maoman probably saved you from getting flamed by 'mosans who don’t appreciate pestilential posts on the boards.

Not to split hairs, but the culprit was not a moderator, per se, he was the administrator.
My purity is intact.

Pure BS! :laughing:

Interesting… One of my threads was just floundered by Rascal and I do not think that he is being objective enough. I think this calls for an objective outside opinion. No one has insulted anyone in this thread to my knowledge and I do expect this thread to be returned.

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 6&start=15

MODERATORS: Go to this one. Also, my whole point is that Clinton lied about Kosovo and Traveller said it was different because Clinton never claimed to “KNOW” about these atrocities but I proved he did and then this whole discussion comes down to why Clinton, Cook and Rascal can lie (by the very standard that they have defined) by saying that they KNOW things but not Bush. NO ONE has insulted anyone. I challenge Rascal to prove that any insult against anyone has been made. I think that this is very thin-skinned and not objective. I challenge the moderators to check into this and set the standards and then stick to them. I am very disappointed by this childish move. Whoops was that insulting?

You posted it in the restaurant forum. :unamused: And not even in the Alleycat thread. It went into the events forum from there until it wandered off-topic.

Considering the way you have played fast and furious with netiquette on Forumosa, I wouldn’t be casting aspersions on the moderators. :laughing: