Finding a teaching job before or after I arrive?

Hi I’ve been applying for teaching jobs in Taiwan but I’ve been having some trouble. I’ve only gotten a few replies and a lot of schools seem to want an in-person interview along with a demo.

I’m currently in Canada at the moment so ideally I would like a job lined up before I arrive, however, it seems like that will be difficult to do.

I do have 3 years of public school teaching experience in Korea and also a tefl certificate.

Would it be better if go there in person and try to find a teaching job once I land in Taiwan?

I’m just worried that I won’t be able to find a decent job once I get there and will end up wasting more money.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

It’s depends. If you are searching outside Taipei, it is fairly easy to get a job before you arrive. I have recruiter contacts, they can get you a job easily, if you are interested PM me.

However, most schools in Taipei want an in person interview, except Hess. If you want to work in Taipei, its fairly easy to find a job, but I would recommend that you just come if you want a job in Taipei. and call Hess, Kojen, Stanford, Columbia and set up an interview. Where I am staying, Da’an, there are literally more than 100 cram school within a 5 mile radius (I am not exaggerating :slight_smile: )

Thanks for your reply.

I sent you a PM

Hell my friend. I just got off work. I’ll respond to your PM ASAP