Finding medications that are of the same quality as US meds

I’ve never been on opiates. One great thing here is that they don’t give them to you. I lived 4 mos in the hospital due to a terrible “accident” that was a result of coming off Effexor, and i made it without the help of opiates. I shouldn’t even be here, much less walking. But the chronic pain I’ll have to deal with my entire life —I refuse to get dependent on pain meds (which you can’t get around here other than panadol). Kratom completely eliminates the pain, all day long, so I can work on my feet all day, every day. As far as the others, bipolar 2 is highly dangerous. I never knew I had it (though everyone’s suspected throughout the years). It pretty much ruined my life. I finally found a dr who asked the right questions, and have me on a “cocktail” which I HATE being on, but this is the most stable I’ve ever been in my life. As one who was trying to get off of everything, I now understand that some people HAVE to take meds. This literally has saved my life, as much as I hate having to take these meds. I’ve noticed a huge difference. Anyone with bipolar can understand that. It’s not something I’m proud to say, it’s embarassing, and I was angry when I found out. But now that I’m on the right cocktail, I feel better than ever–normal. Without suicidal ideation. I couldn’t ask for more.

“I trained as a psychologist (never completed my work experience requirement due to becoming disillusioned with the whole thing). I’m well aware how these drugs can fuck you up, which was precisely my point above. It is better not to touch them in the first place. Many psychiatrists no longer prescribe SSRIs (see Noniway’s post) because the experimental evidence suggests that, in the majority of cases where they might be considered, they are either useless or positively harmful.”

So GLAD to hear less dr’s are prescribing SSRI’s. They have ruined many lives, and they can’t even explain how they really work. Yes, I agree, stay as far from them as possible. I spent years on and off bc that’s all dr’s would prescribe. I finally started telling them NO, and I was actually told once that by a Dr. that he refused to treat me unless I took an SSRI. Not ONE TIME did ANYONE recommend talk therapy. This was in the US.

Called …Taiwan FDA.

1 Like

Have you considered Chinese Herbal medicine and Chinese for want of a better term, chiropractors. Chinese Herbal medicine is covered by your insurance the message therapy used to be covered but there was a coup… (A whole other story)

It’s not for everyone but it worked for me. Here is my case study: I had a motorcycle injury where I landed on my back and really couldn’t move my arms above my head without pain. The leading hospital did a scan and basically told me that I had normal deterioration. I was bad but not bad enough for an operation. It just wasn’t worth the risk.
The hospital gave me Motrin like drugs that did nothing except make me sick. After a few weeks of the Chiropractor, I got better than normal range of motion.
The manipulation and the Chinese medicine works well for me with anxiety issues, stomach problems and allergies. They will often recommend exercises or change of lifestyle if you choose to follow it. The doctor I see is a fully trained western trained doctor who also studied Chinese medicine. He calls his practice complementary medicine. It’s worth a try.

1 Like

Been a while since you have posted. PM me if you can.