Fitness Centres in Taiwan

Has the JJ Gym by CKS re-opened yet? If so what were the big changes?
Im probably not going back - seen way too many people punching tickets to snapcity, and just really shitty gym etiquette ( none) in general.
But what do you expect for 50NT for a hour of hell.

facebook.com/centralpowergym/?fref=ts

Cheap basic no=frills

So I went to True Fitness at Guting station:
Starting offer:
12 month minimum, $3700 initiation, $2588 a month

Later offer to my friend over the phone:
12 month minimum, $2500 initiation, $2588 a month

Later that day in World Gym at Gongguan:
Starting offer:
24 month minimum, $3500 processing fee, $10888 initiation, $3500 a month

Half way offer:
24 month minimum, $3500 processing fee, $2500 a month

Final offer:
24 month minimum, $500 processing fee, $1088 a month.

Early termination fee: used months, but no less than two * monthly fee, but in total, not to exceed $6000.

Your mileage may vary.

Our Guting location is NT12,000 for one year and our DaPingLin location in HsinDian is NT15,000 for one year, both with a simple NT1,000 new membership fee. When you’re tired of the shenanigans, check us out. We also have monthly and daily rates.

I workout at 300 壯士 in Ximen and can roughly recommend it. Was 20,000 for 2.5 years. Its 24 hours and they always have educated staff on hand to help you out. facebook.com/powergym.tw

Hello Forumosians,
Anyone been interested in high intense fitness classes with a boxing/kickfit/mma element to it? I am moving out of Taiwan and have 6 months left on my unlimited membership at O3 Fitness. (all fitness and gym usage, but not professional classes) It’s a great gym for serious workouts. Looking to transfer it starting May. (6 months NT$2200/month, I will pay the transfer fee). Much appreciated!

Anyone have any experience with GO Gym? They have 2 locations: one near Taipei Arena and the other next to Yonchun MRT.

I’ve been going to Fitness Factory at Neo19 the past 3 years and I’m looking for a change of scenery.

Does anyone love to do weight lift in Taiwan ?

A weigh lift coach Frank, who has a personal Facebook which introduce a lot of info about weight lift

https://www.facebook.com/烈哥的舉重教室-1617295745172125/

Anybody at Being Sport have any contacts? Looking for a good deal there. (Minshen)

So I asked for price quote at two gyms near Tamkang University (Tamsui)

[1] WorldGym (24 Hours): 16000 NT for 3 months - with 3-6 coach sessions. If no coach, just 1500NT/month.

They had lots of disco lights flashing in the centre which I did not like. The girl there could not speak much English so we decided to check out another gym.

[2] Fitness Factory (6am - 12pm)

• Initial fee 2500+1000 (excluding monthly fees)

• 12 month fees @ 1288/month (If you stop contract before 12 month there’s a huge penalty).

• For non-yearly contract they told 3000 NT/ month (no penalty for stopping contract). Or 6000 NT for 3 months.

In both above cases they have coaches who could advice on form when doing exercise and give a weekly exercise plan. If we want a personal trainer, however, there is a fees of 1200/per session if 8 minimum sessions. Or 1500 NT/session for < 8 sessions.

It seems to me that Fitness Factory is a better option. Does anyone have any advice? Can/Should I haggle with them for monthly price?

1 Like

My experience with FF is that they don’t haggle at all. I prefer the cleanness of FF over World Gym, but there’s a lot of meat heads at FF xinyi branch.

Gravedigging this topic for a question I couldn’t find the answer of: is there any gym I could use in Taipei just for two months, or are all the gyms yearly subscription only?

1 Like

I have seen some gyms with ‘pay per visit’ option. That should be ideal if you need it for two months only.

3 Likes

There are quite a few where you simply use the mrt card after signing some paperwork and you pay by the minute. No contract other than whatever legal release of liability they require you to sign

4 Likes

Yeah try Soulfit

2 Likes

An example of this would be “Being fit” gym near the Xing Tian Gong MRT. 100 for the first hour and 40 after that, and you pay by swiping a youyou card

2 Likes

Yes, if the poster could tell us what part of town they are in we might be able to offer better advice

1st Fitness is great pay by minutes, no contract. Location isn’t the greatest.

I think it’s NT$1.5 per minute.

體育客和平店

2 Likes

Do all Being Fit gyms have that?

At least for the gym and pool at the Xindian district office sports center, you just pay. At most, they ask you to show that you have a towel and your student ID if you want to apply for student discount.

1 Like