Food Made in Unsanitary Conditions

Does the food made in random places with no climate control disturb you?

I’m not talking about night market where they chop the chickens and vegetables on the pavement. Talking about the source of many prepared and packaged products that appear to have been done under sanitary conditions, but in fact were just done somewhere around Taiwan is someone’s yard or concrete area or street.

I’ve watched the making of noodles all over Taiwan. Makes me want to never eat noodles again after watching them stomp them on the ground, slap them around outside on the ground to stretch them, and then hang them in open air for any bug or pollution to latch right on. When I shop at the grocery for Taiwan noodles in Taiwan, I always avoid.

Oh so youre too good for concrete noodles thats been slap around?

The working mans sweat is what gives them the flavor.

2 Likes

A lot of foods are dried outside in the sun. Not just in noodles. Coffee and chocolate immediately come to mind. The rice paper for spring rolls are traditionally dried outside.

No one cares about it, it’s to be boiled or deep fried, will kill all germs! :wink:

I used worry about this more than before, but now after many news items such as this:

Airlines Halts Use of L.A. Gate Gourmet Catering Due to Listeria Outbreak 1 Nov 2017

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1875204-aa-halts-use-l-gate-gourmet-catering-due-listeria-outbreak-1-nov-2017-a.html

This in what should be a very modern large “Clean” centre at LAX airport. Now eating . lunch with dried flat noodles cooked with mince pork, I think about this a little bit, But thinking now , this from a small noodle maker that has been in business for 50 years must be ok, and checks make sure their products are good and take some pride in what they do vs. big for profit food industry.

After the success of “Fight Club,” men started writing Chuck Palahniuk to tell him what mischief they had gotten up to. One UK chef claimed that “Margaret Thatcher has eaten my sperm. Four times.”