Football/Soccer In Taipei

OK, I think we may have enough people for a ‘kick about’. I’m not familiar with the Yonghe field, so if someone could kindly attach a map or some really good directions and also let me know if the field is within walking distance from the Dinxi MRT? or is it taxi only? 4pm is a great time as the later the better in the summer heat. Cheers!

Dingxi is the closest station but it’s maybe a ten minute walk from there. It’s next to the Fuhe bridge on the Yonghe side. Is that 4pm this weekend? Might know a few people who would be interested

Yes, This Sunday June 10th at 4:00 pm (weather permitting). I’m taking my bike personally, but a few people have asked re: public transport. Great re: bringing friends! I’ve got 3 or 4 that will be coming. Can I take a poll of Forumosa interest so we know what to expect. Cheers. I’ll start with:

nannsavage + 4 :thanks:

If you guys are interested in more competitive football, the Tavern-Premier runs a league with at least 8 expat teams. We are presently just completing a league Cup. Next competition dates will be July 29th + 30th with the Taiwan Summer Cup that includes 20 expact teams from all over the Island. If anyone of you is interested to join a team anywhere in Taiwan send me an e-mail, tell me your location and level and I will be very happy to forward it to a suitable team. michel@tavern.com.tw ! Anyhow, I think it is great that you guys try to get something started.

this is a good sign; the agents are already interested…scouts should be out in force on Sunday so polish yer boots boys…put in a good performance and First Division Expat Football could be just round the corner :wink:

[quote]Yes, This Sunday June 10th at 4:00 pm (weather permitting). I’ll start with:

nannsavage + 4 [/quote]

spunkymonkey + 2
mugatu + 2
(could be more or less though)

let’s make a decision about the weather by 1pm though. someone post here if it’s on or off at 1pm on Sunday.

maybe you could change subject too, so to include the date and time to make it clearer to people browsing the forum

Directions:

By scooter: Drive across the FuHe bridge from Gongguan, as you are driving you will see the field to your right. Turn back on yourself at the end of the bridge and park up.

By MRT: I think DingXi is the closest. Look at the map in the MRT station - follow the river road (huan he west road) round until you get to the FuHe bridge (Past the YongFu bridge) and then go over the flood protection wall and you’ll see it.

If you are worried about getting lost you can PM me and I’ll give you my cellphone number.

[/url]

Fraid I won’t be sure of my availability until the last minute. I’ll just show up (or not) - I’m sure one more or less won’t make too much difference.

Kick About (Pick Up, Unorganized) Soccer (Football) will be played on Sundays at 4:00pm at Fu-He Park in Yonghe. There is a full size soccer pitch (does anyone know if we can reserve this?). Directions are attached. A rain delay call will be made by 1:00pm on Sunday so please check this site (or PM me) if you are concerned about the weather. Please feel free to just show up - no RSVP needed. Bring a light and dark shirt.

This is the SAME a the previous “pick up soccer” listing [color=darkblue]http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=62124&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=30 [/color] I have just made the title clearer for all those interested.

Directions:

By scooter: Drive across the FuHe bridge from Gongguan, as you are driving you will see the field to your right. Turn back on yourself at the end of the bridge and park up.

By MRT: I think DingXi is the closest. Look at the map in the MRT station - follow the river road (huan he west road) round until you get to the FuHe bridge (Past the YongFu bridge) and then go over the flood protection wall and you’ll see it.

If you are worried about getting lost you can PM me and I’ll give you someone else’s cellphone number.

I have started another post with all the details clear in the heading. Please also see:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=62546
:thanks:

Can I just show up and kick the ball around a little and just generally stand around and pant alot?

Oh wait never mind I forgot I don’t have shoes…

Where can I get cheap cross trainers/sports shoes in taiwan?

No problem with wanting to stand and pant. We’ll make you a goalie or a cone. :bouncy:

I have no idea where to get soccer boots. The closest thing to a sports store that I know of is a Nike store in the bottom of Taipei 101 (near the food court).

I’ll be riding by bike down on Sunday and will be meeting a few people at the Far Eastern Hotel at 3:30pm. If anyone don’t know how to get there and wants to ride their bike, they can come with me. We still need to get the latest update on the field so I am waiting in anticipation for the field check!

[quote=“nannsavage”]No problem with wanting to stand and pant. We’ll make you a goalie or a cone. :bouncy:

I have no idea where to get soccer boots. The closest thing to a sports store that I know of is a Nike store in the bottom of Taipei 101 (near the food court).

I’ll be riding by bike down on Sunday and will be meeting a few people at the Far Eastern Hotel at 3:30pm. If anyone don’t know how to get there and wants to ride their bike, they can come with me. We still need to get the latest update on the field so I am waiting in anticipation for the field check![/quote]

Ahh my dream position. The cone! :laughing:

My school friend says Shi Men Ding has a lot of shoe stores… but not sure if they are only for fashionable shoes or what.

There are two big patches of the field bordered off and it is like a bog anyway. out of the question playing today

I went to check out the field and I think we can easily play a 6 v. 6 on one end of the field.

Sunday 4pm Yong He - Who’s in ?

I’ve found an established team for Futsal Tuesdays & Thursdays, as well as full field soccer on Saturdays. I’ll cancel Yonghe kickabouts on 4pm Sundays unless we can pull a good size group together. Please PM me for details regarding Tue, Thur and Sat if you are interested.

—Cheers----

I thought this was a tread for the dating zone, using soccer lines for picking up girls… :wink:

Well, I would love to play soccer, if it was in Yi-lan, if the weather was like 10º less (forgive me, but my style of play doesn’t allow me to do a “pass-all-the-other-team-run” if the temp is too high) and if there was about 20 cheerleaders with bottles of ionic drinks to feed me after I score a goal with the outside of my right foot, from the corner of the area (you know, I invented the trivela…)…

futsal would be nice - my speciality, although I would have to drive to Taipei for a match… buahhhhhh

are the Sunday kick-abouts still on?

No sundays until I can get a big enough crew together. I play 3:30pm Saturdays at Jiantian MRT station (red line) - generally about 30 lads, most of whom come from the UK. Let me know if you are interested and I’ll send more info

nannsavage,
how has the search been going? I’m interested in playing indoor as I see it was mentioned in a previous post. the weather here kinda sux so i’m curious to know if you found a decent place to play indoor.

i tried to send you a pm but i guess it didn’t work so that’s why I post here.

thanks for any help and send me a pm if you get a chance.

:sunglasses: