Football/Soccer In Taipei

I’m meeting a few of my mates for some pick up soccer tomorrow, 12-1p.m. at the NTU sports fields. We have five people so far so which is fine but a couple more would be perfect. There are also (free!) showers available in the sports center if you need to work afterwards. Please pm me if you’re keen.

whats pick up soccer?

Where I’m from, a game of footy, a kick about, a game of five-a-side.

Stop pretending to be a pom… we grew up calling it that in SA and everyone actually does know “soccer” is. Just couldn’t resist though could you? :slight_smile:

Stop pretending to be a pom… we grew up calling it that in SA and everyone actually does know “soccer” is. Just couldn’t resist though could you? :slight_smile:[/quote]
A “POM”?! :astonished: Good God, man! You cut me deep. I was pretending to be a BRAZILIAN!

If you post on the notice board of www.taiwanfootball.com you might get a few more takers.

Stop pretending to be a pom… we grew up calling it that in SA and everyone actually does know “soccer” is. Just couldn’t resist though could you? :slight_smile:[/quote]
A “POM”?! :astonished: Good God, man! You cut me deep. I was pretending to be a BRAZILIAN![/quote]

If I’d wanted to do that I’d have called you an Aussie! :wink:

We are Carnegies FC. We are looking for talented and skillful players to help us…uh…um… Who am I kidding? If you can kick a ball and like to have a beer or two after, we want you. We have a competitive side, for those that are a little more competitive, in the CPL and we have a kick around each week for all players of all levels and ages (18+). If you are interested in finding out more please email Craig at: craig_schofield@lado.com.tw

Hope to hear from you soon.

We now have too many players so we’ve formed an “a” and “b” side and started playing matches against ourselves each week when we don’t have a real match against another team.
we are still looking for players though, as well as opposition, so if you have a team and are looking for a match, drop us a line!

Are there any teams/leagues for women? or do any teams play with women? I’m new to Taiwan, and miss being part of a team.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any info about the Daan soccer team? I live in the area and are pretty keen for a kick around, mostly fitness based.
If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.

I may be wrong but I dont think they play in Daan park anymore. They are now part of the official TPL so play out at Dajia park.

When are you available to play? I was trying to get something similar going but it petered out due to lack of interest…

Im available most nights after 7pm, was hoping for a school pitch under lights or something similar. Fitness based mostly but of a reasonable standard.

Sorry, my schedule is completely different so it wouldn’t work out. Also finding a decent pitch in Taiwan is sometimes (read: always) difficult. Your “school pitch under lights idea” doesn’t exist…

Thurs nights beside the NTU track there is usually a game of 6 a side.

We are Carnegies FC. We are looking for talented and skillful players to help us…uh…um… Who am I kidding? If you can kick a ball and like to have a beer or two after, we want you. We have a competitive side, for those that are a little more competitive, in the CPL and we have a kick around each week for all players of all levels and ages (18+). If you are interested in finding out more please email Craig at: craig_schofield@lado.com.tw

Hope to hear from you soon.

Here is the crack, my football and that eventually arrived, so I want to ask if anyone would be interested in playing football on Saturday afternoons somewhere.

It wont be competitive will just be a group of lads getting together and having a kick about. If anyone is interested in playing leave a message on here or drop me and email at marky.baobei@gmail.com

Lets see how many people we can get and have a good few hours playing footy. I have noticed the footy pitches here look lonely compared to baseball and basketball pitches

I’d love to play. I played QB in high school and I can still pass the pigskin fairly well! Any wide receivers with good moves want to catch a few long bombs?

i mean soccer/football sorry for the confusion