Foreign Food Trends

Oh, that’s the stuff. That is the stuff right there! How about Quiznos!

1 Like

Quiznos is here Google Maps

and here Google Maps,

and the third one on Zhongxiao closed.

1 Like

They already tried something similar in Zhongshiao and Shilin. Nope. No cigar.

Used to be a Chipotle-style burrito bar in Taipei call Juanita Burritos and Tacos, but they’ve since closed.

Pick & Eat in Zhongli started out the burrito bar way, but they found the locals would rather sit down and order their food. I still head there to get my taco fix.

1 Like

The pictures look great including the food and the staff.

PICK&EAT自由選食墨西哥料理
No. 332, Minquan Road, Zhongli District, Taoyuan City, 32055
03 402 2790
https://goo.gl/maps/K7mAnUFTMTE2

1 Like

They used to be in a small shop in the Zhong Yuan area near the university. They closed that location some time after opening the one on Minquan Road.

The staff is very friendly and most can speak fairly good English. They’re just down the street from the Kuva hotel, which gets lots of business travelers.

I’ve mentioned them in other “Mexican Food” threads, but most people were looking for Taipei.

Edit: Just saw the picture which probably caused you to mention the “friendly staff”. They are proud of their Lamigo Monkey here!

1 Like

We have “Taco House” in Hsinchu. More a poor man’s Taco Bell than Chipotle. Doable for a taco fix (and they have tater tots!), but I will have to check out this pseudo Chipotle. Do they do guac there? Ha, “Mexican” food being made by Taiwanese…that should make the “cultural appropriation” folk’s head explode!

1 Like

Looked over and happened to see this place called Taco Monkeys on Saturday. Gonna go back and check it out some time.

What is with Zhongli and Mexican food? That is cool, I can ride my scooter up there. Maybe check it out tomorrow. Thanks!!!

Just a couple of blocks down the street from Pick & Eat is Jalapeños Bar. Stop in and see Jack. I highly recommend his beef enchiladas with his own homemade salsa.

Where am I? Taco shops, fresh salsa…

I guess I should ask…do they have vegatarian (yes, I spelled it right) options?

I wouldn’t have a clue. I’m a carnivore. Though, I’d imagine at Pick & Eat you could order anything without meat.

@JB_IN_TW, I thought you would like this photo! :slight_smile:

Food court?

Hi @tango42, It is the Colorado Convention Center :slight_smile:

So what’s the connection with foreign food trends?

I guess I should have sent it through PM

It’s a little early to be drunk already…

Never too early :slight_smile:

To be fair, I lived in Colorado for +30 years and don’t recognize that picture. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think Mile High Stadium or the Pepsi Center are more known land marks. Or even DIA.

1 Like