Foreign Food Trends

Is that bear still up there? I have a photo of that when my wife and I visited in 2006-7. If I remember, there is a tram line that runs through it. On the other side is the Auraria campus, and the “can” is there somewhere. Coors Field would be to the opposite, if I remember.

Funny, I was responding to a thread about ICRT and that got me remembering “the masters”, which I understand are no longer on the air. 103.5 the Fox. Used to listen to that station after a concert, especially if it was an older band as they would replay their setlist. At least they did for Rush a couple of times, and Yes. (I am touch older than you)

Denver wasn’t, at least in my time, known as a “foodie” town. It was very trendy though. Other than Coors and microbrews, there is no food or cuisine that says “Denver”. If you want seafood, you go to San Francisco or Seattle. If you want pizza, you go to New York. If you want BBQ, you go to Kansas City (everywhere else is just smoked meat and dressed up ketchup). This is NOT a knock. Denver has many other things going for it. It is a very clean and sophisticated and educated city. I have very fond memories of my time living there, and later going to concerts and games there. At least it was. I dunno. Things have changed.

Thank you very much, though. It is a very nice thought.

1 Like

Exactly! :slight_smile:
There is the light rail that goes to 16th Street. Exactly too, Auraria, I love Auraria, besides Arvada, its one of the neatest placed to me.

That is a neat story. The Fox played the Clash and Rolling Stones, so that was neat. Channel 93.3 was neat too.

I know right. But just a few years ago, it was all those microbreweries that ended up building a food industry around it. And since you mentioned it, the Tivoli at Auraria reopened a microbrewery/restaurant. Not as good as the places you said though.
You wouldn’t believe how they rebuilt Auraria. UC Denver even built all the way to 16th Street. That is neat about your memories of games and concerts too, so many different concert halls.

Too bad Taipei didn’t have a Country Buffet, Bennett BBQ, King Soopers, or Santiago’s Burritos :slight_smile:

@Yang_Gui_Zi, I wanted to ask you, do you like the horse at DIA or not? I always liked it, but others thought it was scary looking :slight_smile:

I remember the Rainbow. I think it closed. A lot of death/thrash concerts there. At least that is what I went to. Then the Colorado Indoor Sports place. Gotham hosted Dio one year. And then there is the Paramount.

Tehre was a radio station out of Ft Collins…The Contemporary Listener I think it was. They were grunge before grunge was grunge. I discovered them nursing a wicked hangover in 1989.
KBPI Rocks the Rockies. And Z-Rock. I am so old.

1 Like

“Us?”

Didn’t Z-Rock have Dr. Demento?

106.7 KAZY(?) used to play some rock during the KBPI days too.

1 Like

I was indifferent about it. Didn’t really get out to the airport much so I didn’t see it too often.

1 Like

That’s the spirit!!

Yes. It was an old AM cowboy station. I used to listen to it delivering pizzas. It was a thing for about a year, 1990. After that it just kind of went away.

They were more AOR at the time. I remember when KAZY shut down. and KBPI switched formats, and the reasoning was “catering to Camaro drivers is just not sustainable” or something. It was all about the morning shows. The masters and their antics, on the Fox and Mama Jo on KAZY. They would have writers from the Post and the News on to duke it out. Ah, the halcyon days. I gotta stop. Getting too teary eyed nostalgic now.

1 Like

That’s right, it was on AM! I was only 14 then, but I remember it. Specifically Dr. Demento.

1 Like

Its a very good thanks for sharing this post…