Foreigner in a Mercedes involved in hit and run

I admire your certitude.

But it’s not a question of panic causing us to act in a way we normally wouldn’t, but even more fundamentally, under extreme panic and duress, we do not think clearly. Your certitude is with a clear mind, but under similar circumstances, I wonder how clearly you would be thinking.[/quote]

you are right. I will tell you an example where I witnessed this no so long ago. In the UK I was walking towards the UEA gym (the old one) at about 10 am in the morning. This friend of mine was walking ahead. Now this friend of mine was a very religious man that had done a lot for charity and I knew this not cause he boasted about it but rather I was his friend so just knew it. There was a “worker” walking down these steep stairs to his left. Both him and the worker were around 100-200 metres or so in front. Anyway the worker suddenly tripped fell down the steps and landed face first on the pavement, out cold! My friend had not seen me behind and just froze. I then could not believe my eyes when I saw him walking away at a very fast pace in the opposite direction. Anyways i go over call the 999 and put my coat over the guy and do basic first aid to my limited ability. The worker was rushed to hospitable but ok. There were about 4 other people at that time of day who just stood there shocked and staring but silent. :eh:

Anyway I was a little angry and told him I saw him walk away. Well he was really confused and was very shocked by his own actions. So you are right the body behaves strangely when under stress and mental over load like that too. I hope that does not happen to me but it might I concede that.

Anyways I agree with G-man that he should of turned himself in as if he has money as everyone is saying then why not help the family out as you killed someone that perhaps the family are relying on. You can’t bring or help the victim their life is over but u can at least do your very best to make amends anyway you can. he took another human life not money or property a life and a human one. Whether accidentally or not this is really screwed up.