Foreigner in a Mercedes involved in hit and run

[quote=“Belgian Pie”]I’m not going to speak in favor of the driver but there are a few things to consider, yes he was drunk, maybe he was driving … but, did you ever think about the victim? What was the cause of death, head injury? Was he/she wearing a helmet, was it fastened … having seen paper delivery people drive around the street, they just weave in and out from parked cars without even watching traffic … so, it should be considered that the victim himself caused the accident … Does it matter? Yes, it does.
The driver, drunk or not could have been surprised by a scooter driver just changing lanes without warning … yes, drunk driving is an offense, but in this case it’s not proven that he was driving … but fleeing the scene is not to be condoned.[/quote]

No, Tom Hills got it right it’s right here Maoman (see above). Clearly BP is questioning the actions of victim (with absolutly no basis I might add) as if this would somehow be a mitigating factor. Forget the drunk driving, It will be difficult to ever know how drunk the guy was or if he was infact driving. What we know is that the guy fled the scene and there is strong indication that he attempted to destroy evidence of his involvement in the incident. Tom Hill is also correct in reference to the case of the cat killer which sparked pages of posts calling for the minister to be thrown in jail, deported, fired and basically destroyed. While here we are urged not to jump to conclusions. No talk of having the guy if he’s guilty spend the rest of his life rotting in Jail. I guess the minister down south just didn’t have the right friends.