Foreigner in a Mercedes involved in hit and run

[quote=“Gman”]
No, Tom Hills got it right it’s right here Maoman (see above). Clearly BP is questioning the actions of victim (with absolutly no basis I might add) as if this would somehow be a mitigating factor. Forget the drunk driving, It will be difficult to ever know how drunk the guy was or if he was infact driving. What we know is that the guy fled the scene and there is strong indication that he attempted to destroy evidence of his involvement in the incident. Tom Hill is also correct in reference to the case of the cat killer which sparked pages of posts calling for the minister to be thrown in jail, deported, fired and basically destroyed. While here we are urged not to jump to conclusions. No talk of having the guy if he’s guilty spend the rest of his life rotting in Jail. I guess the minister down south just didn’t have the right friends.[/quote]

Theres two issues here, the first is internet crucification, name and shaming, I really dislike this use of a forum, be it a guy taking pot shots at cats, someone who robbed a girl he slept with, a kindie teacher who rats on his colleague or in this case, a terrible tragedy that my heart obviously goes out to the victims family, and the consequences which this individual face are much more dire than any of the above mentioned.

In such light, and given the gravity of the situation that this individual if facing, that people are moderating there comments, (when contrasted to a cat killer) is a good thing. The second is, the facts have yet to be established, if I understand the story right, it seems hes pleading what will soon become know as the foreigners defense, i.e. too drunk to remember, which was also used a while back by another foreigner. I’m sure after a few days, and after the press, or police and whoever ask around a clearer picture will appear, so whats the rush, innocent till proven guilty and all that.