Formosa Fitness (closed) :facebook:

I was meaning to talk to you about that. If you have five people then we can schedule a day and time that meets your needs. You wouldn’t have to wait for the regular certs we schedule.

I’m also running a special specifically for the large gyms that need kettlebells. We’re offering a discount if you buy a set of 4-32kg. It’s the only discount we give. That would give all your certified trainers the kettlebells they would need to train private clients. And the cert is built around them learning to use all those weights. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWwSnxlEHpM

This is the last cert we ran. Three of your trainers came up on their own initiative from Taizhong and got certed under us. Notice that the female trainer can swing and clean the 24kg! And they all learned to deadlift the 32kg. This is what is possible with a full set.

Give me a call at 0912287898 and let’s discuss it. Look forward to hearing from you!

Damn! I noticed! She’s purdy! Pity more women in Taiwan don’t like to exercise.

btw, how much does a full set of kettle bells cost?

Will coordinate with my Fitness Manager on times and attendees. What is the Largest Certification you can do, not considering the size of the room?

We can do as many as you need. I will need to know how many and the male/female split to bring the kettlebells. I can get a couple of my certed instructors to help out. You have one of my best working for you now. Maybe we can get him to help out.

HI, i just arrived to taipei three days ago, and i came by today looking for this gym, i walked around by the 7-11 and saw a room with ropes hanging but i couldnt find the entrance to the gym. i would love to join this gym but problem is i cant find it. also is this gym opened on saturday or sunday?

Hi. If you saw the ropes, then the door is right there. We are only open during class times, and on Saturday or Sunday by appointment only. Our class times are here:
formosafitness.com/?page_id=36

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Currently changing to a new Fitness Manager. Will follow up with you on the certification. COO is in IHRSA Convention at the International Forum. Still trying to get some kettlebells here. Doesn’t make sense not to have them and all the trainers certified. I think he is shopping at the convention. New FM starts tomorrow and the Cheif will be back on Monday. Hopefully call with some good news!

will you guys be open this friday and coming monday? Friday April 1 and Monday April 4? as i would like to come and do the kettle bell class at 7…please let me know.

Jonathan, you can come by and watch on Friday if you want. If you like what you see, we can look at having you come in for an evaluation. We are closed for the holiday on Monday. Please let me know if you’re coming on Friday.

Here’s a look at our recent female clients swinging the 28kg kettlebell. Needless to say, this burns fat like crazy. The caloric expenditure of using heavy weights is unreal compared to the plastic Barbie crap weights most women like to use. We’ll continue to defy conventions and get uncommon results. :sunglasses:

A quick update on what we’ve been up to. today we were honored to be invited to train 50+ personal trainers at the AFAA APEX convention.
Here are a few pics of the training.

Thanks to the entire group for coming out.

Here are some of our crazy trainers that helped make this event happen.

We now have another full time trainer on board as well as a part timer. I’d like to introduce Abram Chuang: kbtaiwan2010.pixnet.net/blog/post/79343643

He has an extensive background in fitness and martial arts, and has been training with us at Formosa Fitness for quite a while. It’s an honor to have him on board and it’s a another sign of our positive growth in the local industry.

We are now accepting new clients so call and get started with Abram today!

Hi,

I’m new to using this site so don’t know how to email you directly but was wondering if you could possibly help me. I am trying to purchase some weight gain drinks, protein drinks and ground oats but I cannot find them anywhere in Taiwan. If you could hit me up with a personal message that would be great and then I guess I will be able to just reply to you about the personal training and such?

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

I’ll reply here so everyone can see the response.

Oats are available in a variety of organic stores in Taipei. The range of oats available is actually quite good. The foreign supermarkets also carry oats. Cheap protein powder is what most people seem to want (hello cheap Chinese whey) and that’s readily available at Costco. You can also get protein at Wellcome supermarkets although I can’t vouch for the taste.

For weight gain, a link like this is good: gainingweight.info/20-weight … e-recipes/

Weight gain shakes aren’t hard to make. Any combo of whole milk, protein powder, fruit (especially bananas), honey, peanut butter, etc. that is blended will work.

For our services, the PM and email button is just below my name in my posts and our website is in the signature. Thanks.

Hey,

I’m curious about the kettleball training but not sure if it’s the right thing for me. I stopped working out about a year ago due to some problems with my kneecap. My doctor said it would be ok for me to start working out again but she told me to take it slow and strengthen the muscles in my thighs while not straining the knees to hard.
I really would like to start working out again and lose some of the extra kilos I gained in the last year.

Well if you’re interested, give us a call or send us an email: formosafitness.com

From all of us here at Formosa Fitness, Merry Christmas and happy new year! Here’s a kettlebell Christmas tree for you!

We’re about to release the first ever kettlebell instructional DVD EVER in Chinese.

Here’s a preview:

We’re very excited and honored to be helping others reach their fitness goals. We’re always looking for ways to improve that process so the DVD is another step towards that goal!

Formosa Fitness 3.0 coming soon! We will have an open gym format with times of 7am-9pm M-F and 10am-4pm on Sat-Sun.

This will be the reception area, cardio theater, and personal training center.

Downstairs will be the group session and weight room areas.

Lots of good stuff coming your way. It’s time Taiwan had a gym like this and we’re honored to be providing it for you. Please come and check us out in April!

Looking good, mate. :thumbsup: