Formosan Rock and other

Hi everybody !

Recently I have been looking for some taiwanese rock, punk rock, metal, …actually everything else than pop and r’n’b or hip hop are what i am looking for. Rock as well as traditionnal music from the austronesian tribes…

Does any of you here know some good things I can easyly find on web shops ? (as I am back in France right now, I can’t check the shops in Taipei :raspberry: )

I already heard few things by Wu bai and wu yuie tian…which i dont really “like” , but its still the best things i’ve heard so far. So please, help a poor pair of ears to hear some good formosan rock,

rockly,

Pirem.

So, there’s no rock in Taiwan ? :noway:

I can’t think of any webshops off the top of my head but here are some links to some cool bands here. The last two are plugs for my bands.

myspace.com/semicon

myspace.com/chasingsparrow

www.muddybasin.com

myspace.com/childrensucker

myspace.com/thedeported

myspace.com/sellinguseverything

There are a bunch more. I’m just lazy this morning. Look at the friends links and do a google search for “taiwan rock” and you should find what you are looking for. Good luck!

try “SERAPHIM”.
it’s a very famous metal band from Taiwan! :smiley:
they also sing the song in englsih!! :smiley:

Rabbit is Rich

Thank you all, I am giving a try to all the things you just gave.

Hey hey the rock looking guy is back !

Actually is all the things you offered the “less worst” for me was Seraphim, as it is the only band that behave professionnally. All the others seems more like “garage bands”.

Arnt there any other top of the scene rock bands (=professionnals) in Taiwan (formed by taiwanese) ?

Thanks again for your answers, i am conscient i am quite discturbing with my unsatisfactionable lust of taiwanese rock…

Excuse me? How many washboards do you have in YOUR garage? :wink:

[quote=“Pirem”]Hey hey the rock looking guy is back !

Actually is all the things you offered the “less worst” for me was Seraphim, as it is the only band that behave professionnally. All the others seems more like “garage bands”.

Arnt there any other top of the scene rock bands (=professionnals) in Taiwan (formed by Taiwanese) ?[/quote]

I’ll never play music again. :frowning:

Aw, give him a break. The guy seems to like pompous, testosterone-fueled big hair bands. I can imagine how proper music wouldn’t be what he’s looking for.

Anyway, what about that band here that wear Kiss makeup and play that thrash metal stuff with erhus and stuff? That might be more what he’s looking for, but I forgot the name. Freddie Lin fronts them.

[quote=“sandman”]Aw, give him a break. The guy seems to like pompous, testosterone-fueled big hair bands. I can imagine how proper music wouldn’t be what he’s looking for.

Anyway, what about that band here that wear Kiss makeup and play that thrash metal stuff with erhus and stuff? That might be more what he’s looking for, but I forgot the name. Freddie Lin fronts them.[/quote]

Cthonic? (I think that’s how you spell it) I tried looking for their myspace to link the guy with but I guess they don’t have one. Professional, my ass!

Yeah, Chthonic has a myspace, here it is.

myspace.com/chthonictw

Try this one out too if you happen to like Chthonic.

myspace.com/antheliontw

There’s a lot more metal bands on this here rock, the OP can PM me if he’s interested.

Hi everybody again !!! I guess i’ve been misinterpreted :smiley:

“garage band” doesnt mean its “no good” music.

:help:

It only means there is a crappy sound and seems more like noise to me…there are many nice (punk) rocks that manage to have a clear sound and to do music.

For example i’ll say sublime which is the kind of punk i like, or offpsring(in their old days), anna tsuchiya (in inspa black stones only), Tenacious D…this kind of punk…i hope some of you understand what im talking about…

And as for rock music you know, i am a very eclectic guy, but i need real sound reflecting work and study PLUS feelings, not only the latter. To give a few band names i’d give dream theater, mucc or ac dc like bands…are there that kind of bands in Taiwan ?

I hope it will clear up things about what i am NOT looking for, as “pompous, testosterone-fueled big hair bands” are not what i am looking for. :smiley:

What i actually like is music that is audible, nothing more and for god’s sake, we all have different tastes :bravo:

But whatever you tastes are, and whatever you think about what i’m saying here, please keep giving away bands names, myspaces, etc. because it helps us all to widen our musical views, and for that, Thank you very much !

PS : havn’t looked yet at the band you are offering here, Metal head

the Chthonic is a nice band from Taiwan!!
their first few album is talking about NativeTaiwanese history…
but their lastes album just like “&^&%$%F%RFV%#” …
you know what i mean…but is not a bad thing…cus more ppl will like it!!

anyway here is another great metal from Taiwan…
har666.com/catalog/product_i … anguage=en

That’s Chthonic.
I think there has been about a million threads on here about rock, metal, etc.
Try a search in the entertainment section, or look for discussions about “The Wall”.
Think there will be a bit of a metal party again soon, with guys like Belliom, Anthelion, etc.

well…here is another new metal band! :smiley: not bad…try it! :smiley:

sorry for the pic if it’s blurred.

myspace.com/stateofemergencysoe

Damn, looks like I posted after reading only the first page. OOPS.
I like Jesse’s other band. What’s it called again? Infernal Chaos?

[quote=“twonavels”]Damn, looks like I posted after reading only the first page. OOPS.
I like Jesse’s other band. What’s it called again? Infernal Chaos?[/quote]

I like nearly all of the Talent coming out of Taiwan, foreign and local a like, because it takes utter balls to plagiarize the same old shit. Which I’m glad to hear in this techno-pop world we live in these days.

Ya know? I actually LOVE Jolin’s “Dao Dai” track because she captures the essence of romantic sadness in a uniquely Taiwanese point of view. Jay Chou really hit the nail on the head there. Carry on…

You’re right. I haven’t really seen a rock/punk/metal band here that offered really original stuff. But I take what I can get and you’ll be surprised what adding some alcohol can accomplish.

I guess i can figure out :smiley: