Fuel cell motorbike ... as seen on TV

envbike.com/

Looks pretty interesting, gone have look at the site

Looks very wanky with all that plastic shit all over it and bicycle handlebars. They should strip it down and take a more utilitarian approach with the styling IMO.

I think it looks good, up to the handlebars and down to the spoked wheels. They could make the handlebars chunkier and if weight is a factor for the wheels, then at least use a stronger and more attractive spoke arrangement, such as a snowflake plat instead of striaght, boring spokes.
I hope this thing takes off as it will give us something to muse about and enjoy. It will also give encouragement to those other design and developers with other great ideas. We’ve been moaning about cars that look the same for too long and finally the motorvehicle manufacturers are doing something about it. I see difference as being a good thing really.
You’re right too though, in that they should try and think of a slightly more practical styling as well, so that old grannies, mothers, and people with small bags can find benifit in riding them. It’s going to be an expensive tech toy at first though and so I see where they’re going with the “boy’s toy” type of raptor style.

My god that is ugly. Wake me up when they have one with about 70kw and doesn’t look like the runner up of the Taiwan Bicycle Industry Research Center’s design competition from 1985.

I’m all for fuel cell tech and think it’s the only interesting possibility atm for an alternative to internal combustion.

I like it. I think it looks fucking ace, in fact. 100-km range and 80kph top speed would make it a perfect commuter for me.
Will it be fuck-off expensive, though?

Why can’t they just make it look like a motorbike? That’s the problem with a lot of this high-tech stuff. It just looks too stupid for anyone to take seriously.

I imagine it must have something to do with the weight, and let’s face it if it looked just like a motorbike, then one would look pretty silly only reaching a slow top speed whilst making a low humming noise. Just like one of those little kiddie bikes or something.

[quote=“sandman”]I like it. I think it looks fucking ace, in fact. 100-km range and 80kph top speed would make it a perfect commuter for me.
Will it be fuck-off expensive, though?[/quote]I agree. It will be very expensive though, at least at first. I can’t remember how much – either three or five thousand USD.

80km/hr on fat mountain bike tires with what appears to be very tiny brakes seems to be a tad unsafe. Me no like.