Future MRT Line and Station Map?

I like outside of Sanxia on the smaller roads passing this Xintiangong Temple area for example Google Maps

Any foreigner hangouts or food?

Dozens of outstanding restaurants. The new city area is like walking down a road in Tokyo spacious and relaxing. However I’ve noticed that recently the usual local style has crept in with the scooters, double parked cars, racing trucks etc… I hope and pray there is a man (or woman) with integrity to maintain this place and keep it the paradise it is

Make the phone calls to the police :wink:

1 Like

Where is it?

The population of Taiwan will reach it’s peak in a few years, and start to drop. If it follows Japanese ( or other cities/regions) with it’s drop in population, then property/ real estate prices will go down as there will be more empty homes, thus less demand. You can see this older inter city area of the United States such as St. Louis or Detroit where big population drops have resulted in some homes with zero value.

Any particular area in Tainan you would recommend? I visited before CNY and was well very impressed.

Blue and Green lines should be the first to be built from what I’ve read.
Depends on what atmosphere you like to live.
Tainan Park has a stop.
Cheng Kung Univ. has a stop.
An-Ping District has a stop.

1 Like

Is there a map that overlays the future MRT lines onto a regular map?

I hear the next big real estate opportunity in Northern Taiwan is the area around Daan Station.

I guess you mean “re-engineering”. As in pulling down the shithole buildings and putting up apartment blocks that no one local can afford.

Someone local can afford them. Our landlords are a Taiwanese couple from Banqiao. We mostly talk to her and she calls herself Teacher, though I wonder how long it’s been since she taught a class. Hubby is a very personable, very sophisticated guy who (reading between the lines) seems to have some LED factories, if you know what I mean, and Daan apartments are probably just a side investment or something to keep Teacher busy.

As ever, most of the loot lives in the hands of a few.

You mean for people who are already billionaires then.

Well I think billionaire is a bit extreme… there are probably only about a dozen of those in Taiwan (just guessing).

But my impression is that a huge chunk of the high-priced apartment stock in new elevator buildings is owned by a handful of maybe a few thousand rich local families who each own anywhere from 10 to a couple hundred apartments.

So strictly speaking it’s not true that locals can’t afford these apartments… they are mostly held by local families who bought tons and realized most of the gains over the last 10-20 years.

But it is true that an average local on an average salary could never afford one… but then again, neither could I.

And I was kidding about Daan… the ship has obviously sailed on Taipei real estate, or pretty much all global real estate for that matter. All that’s left now is for our massive global asset bubble to come crashing down, before it can climb again.

On a separate note, many big owners are retired public servants. Current public servants can barely afford their own homes while sending kids to study abroad. I do not think the next geenratiion of public servants may be able to afford living in Taipei either.

1 Like

Yeah they are so many rich retired public servants it’s crazy. On the pigs back. I must admit I don’t like most of them especially the ones who like to call themselves teacher and they are running B &B’s or whatever , tossers.

#環狀線 一階預計今年底完工明年初通車
#淡海輕軌 綠山線預計今年底完工通車
#安坑輕軌 預計110年完工
#三鶯線 預計112年完工
#萬大線 一期預計114年完工

#汐民線 目前等待台北市段環評審查通過後接續推動,第一階段路線(汐止-內湖)預計在中央綜合規劃核定後9年完工

:construction:施工進度 https://goo.gl/RBvPYY

#三環三線正在實現
#新北建設一一實現
#OPEN3環3線

3 Likes

[circular line will open in months]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=52&v=1as4N60YJvQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5XskGfpQrQ

2 Likes

“months,” eh?

Sigh…

1 Like

I’ve got my ammo stacked up for when the zombie apocalypse hits us in Xindian.

Hey guys did you hear the billion dollar MRT line that they’ve been working on for ten fricking years in Xindian is almost done?

Cool man , where’s it go to?

Zhonghe and Yonghe.

2 Likes

ab746c10-e09d-4fc5-b4d9-71ee51756641