Germans see U.S. behind Sept 11 attacks on itself

so it has come to this? comments?

Poll shows many Germans see U.S. behind Sept 11

Almost one in three Germans below the age of 30 believes the U.S. government may have sponsored the September 11, 2001, attacks on New York and Washington, according to a poll published on Wednesday.

And about 20 percent of Germans in all age groups hold this view, a survey of 1,000 people conducted for the weekly Die Zeit said.

sad sad sad sad…

and you know, many Taiwanese could easily be led to believe the same thing, if they don’t already believe it now at the same rate the Germans. How and why can people be so stupid? The US attacked itself? Please.

This belongs in the WTC Attack - Conspiracy Theory thread, which, in turn, belongs in the U.S. faked the WTC bombings thread.

If I were a moderator I would fuse these three threads.

Please, not another Germans learning their lessons thread…

juba i agree, i meant to post it there, the WTC conspire thread. can u alert mods there? WHAT do you think about that stats?

[quote=“Juba”]This belongs in the WTC Attack - Conspiracy Theory thread, which, in turn, belongs in the U.S. faked the WTC bombings thread.

if I were a moderator I would fuse these three threads.[/quote]

Supreme Moderator-in-Waiting ?

Well, there’s no sense moving it to another thread if no one wants to play. Maybe just cancel the entire thing. The poll was probably skewered or skewed or screwed or whatever, anyway.

Tigerman,

looks like the CIA and FBI should be partly to blame notwithstanding hindsight benefits and all.

story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s … ligence_33

[quote=“Kenny McCormick”]Tigerman,

looks like the CIA and FBI should be partly to blame notwithstanding hindsight benefits and all.

story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s … ligence_33[/quote]

I’m sure you don’t really mean that the CIA and FBI are to “blame” or even partly to “blame” for the 911 attacks.

The CIA and FBI can perhaps be faulted for not working in a coordinated fashion, but they are not to “blame” for the attacks.

[quote=“tigerman”][quote=“Kenny McCormick”]Tigerman,

story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s … ligence_33[/quote]

I’m sure you don’t really mean that the CIA and FBI are to “blame” or even partly to “blame” for the 911 attacks.

The CIA and FBI can perhaps be faulted for not working in a coordinated fashion, but they are not to “blame” for the attacks.[/quote]

i wrote in haste. let me clarify.
not to blame for 911 as in they weren’t behind the attacks?(is that what you meant?) fine.

to blame for lapses in security prior to 911? sounds like that may well be the case according to the Senate(?) investigation.

I said it before and I’ll say it again. I will take Bush’s “reform in the Middle East” seriously and without skepticism when he takes a serious look and perhaps dumps and bumps the House of Saud.

until then, i think it’s mostly smoke and mirrors (with some good results perhaps, but that is besides the point as we keep re-iterating).

msnbc.com/news/943459.asp

[quote]Dozens of pages were heavily edited or even blacked out to protect classified information. An entire section on whether there was Saudi support for the hijackers was deleted, as were 26 pages on their foreign financing.

The hilarious thing about Kenny’s post is that if the attacks hadn’t happened, the leftists would be demanding that the U.S. “end imperialist aggression” and disband the CIA.

One of the main reasons the CIA and FBI haven’t worked together is all of the laws that the left forced on them to prevent domestic surveillance of the CPUSA and other groups of assholes. Even today, every leftist cause from animal rights to xenophilia lobbyists (“illegal immigration advocates” – I couldn’t think of a relevant z-word :slight_smile: ) are screaming bloody murder over every step the Bush Administration has taken to secure the borders and prevent further attacks, including CIA-FBI cooperation.

nytimes.com/2003/07/24/books/24GERM.html

To put this thread back on course, here’s a New York Times profile of some new German writers. The money quote is here:

Young German readers are themselves restless, pursuing some new identity that some say is happiness; polls show that “being happy” is one of the most important goals of young Germans.

“Today there is nothing to belong to,” Andreas Petzold, the editor of Neon, a new magazine for 20-somethings, told a Berlin newspaper, Taggespiegel. "Young Germans are therefore asking themselves, `What can I do to be happy?’ "

The hilarious thing about Kenny’s post is that if the attacks hadn’t happened, the leftists would be demanding that the U.S. “end imperialist aggression” and disband the CIA.

One of the main reasons the CIA and FBI haven’t worked together is all of the laws that the left forced on them to prevent domestic surveillance of the CPUSA and other groups of assholes. Even today, every leftist cause from animal rights to xenophilia lobbyists (“illegal immigration advocates” – I couldn’t think of a relevant z-word :slight_smile: ) are screaming bloody murder over every step the Bush Administration has taken to secure the borders and prevent further attacks, including CIA-FBI cooperation.[/quote]

thats a broad and mischaracterized brush you’re painting with. nevertheless, the cia does need reform in certain areas.

the information we are talking about doesn’t involve the use of “blackops” etc, helping instigate or assist in toppling of governments nor spying on persons in US illegally. certainly there is some grey area eg hiring of known ‘bad guys’ as informants to raise intelligence sources, but that is another point.

You know, if the Left Wing as you imagine it was really that unified, really that coordinated, and had that much solidarity, well, things would look different today. my suggestion, watch where you paint.

dude, “Xenophilia” Lobbyist?

One of the main reasons the CIA and FBI haven’t worked together is all of the laws that the left forced on them to prevent domestic surveillance of the CPUSA and other groups of assholes. Even today, every leftist cause from animal rights to xenophilia lobbyists (“illegal immigration advocates” – I couldn’t think of a relevant z-word :slight_smile: ) are screaming bloody murder over every step the Bush Administration has taken to secure the borders and prevent further attacks, including CIA-FBI cooperation.[/quote]

thats a broad and mischaracterized brush you’re painting with. nevertheless, the cia does need reform in certain areas.

the information we are talking about doesn’t involve the use of “blackops” etc, helping instigate or assist in toppling of governments nor spying on persons in US illegally. certainly there is some grey area eg hiring of known ‘bad guys’ as informants to raise intelligence sources, but that is another point.

You know, if the Left Wing as you imagine it was really that unified, really that coordinated, and had that much solidarity, well, things would look different today. my suggestion, watch where you paint. [/quote]
I’ve never claimed that “the Left Wing” is unified. However, anyone who was anywhere near Seattle during late 1999 saw all too well how much solidarity and coordination the different factions had. Sea turtle loons, AFL-CIO goons, anarchists, CPUSA, you name 'em, they were all downtown, smashing windows and chanting slogans.

There isn’t any formal coordination, just a general “gentlemen’s agreement” (oops, that’s SEXIST of me!) among most of the different leftist groups to generally support each other’s agendas. Thus you see the NEA and WEA (teacher’s unions) pushing for gay-rights laws, the Sierra Club getting into the act on gun control, and the AFL-CIO issuing statements against grade-school voucher programs.

They all vote for the same candidates, who all collectively (hah!) support the same bloc of issues. If one or two legislators reject one aspect, it doesn’t weaken the whole much, so that slight amount of dissent is tolerated, but not much more.

I needed something late in the alphabet, and I couldn’t think of anything that started with ‘z’. :blush:

I suppose I could’ve used “wobblies” or “yippies”, but I doubt anyone knows who they are any more. I barely do.

Youth International Party.

I suspect Juba might know what they were :laughing:

And for the record… Yippies are quite distinct from hippies. Hippies are cool… successors of the beatnicks.

Youth International Party.

I suspect Juba might know what they were :laughing:

And for the record… Yippies are quite distinct from hippies. Hippies are cool… successors of the beatnicks.[/quote]

what the heck is a yippie. sounds like a dog breed. or someone who goes around shouting “yippee” and “hip hip hurray”
You’re a Towel.

dir.yahoo.com/Society_and_Cultur … s/Yippies/

Typical leftist student movement.

Most people tell me I’m a wet blanket, but whatever. :slight_smile:

[quote=“formosa”]so it has come to this? comments?

Poll shows many Germans see U.S. behind Sept 11

Almost one in three Germans below the age of 30 believes the U.S. government may have sponsored the September 11, 2001, attacks on New York and Washington, according to a poll published on Wednesday.

And about 20 percent of Germans in all age groups hold this view, a survey of 1,000 people conducted for the weekly Die Zeit said.[/quote]

So. 20% of all Germans are total idiots. This is news?

[quote]So. 20% of all Germans are total idiots. This is news?
[/quote]

Well yeah, I’d say so. It means there are far fewer dumb Germans than I thought :wink: .

But I remember I was on holiday in Scotland at the time of 9-11, and that “Bush ordered the attacks himself” was doing the rounds among the hairy yahoos in the pub within a couple of days. But then, we already knew about how dumb the Brits are.

[quote=“sandman”][quote]So. 20% of all Germans are total idiots. This is news?
[/quote]

Well yeah, I’d say so. It means there are far fewer dumb Germans than I thought :wink: .[/quote]

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dir.yahoo.com/Society_and_Cultur … s/Yippies/

Typical leftist student movement.

Most people tell me I’m a wet blanket, but whatever. :slight_smile:[/quote]

too much southpark. (towelie is a character btw)

A few Quakers refuse to pay fed taxes because they don’t want to pay for the military spending.

story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s … sistance_3

Do you think this should be legal? Should other groups be allowed, on the basis of their faith, to choose where there taxes are going. Nothing too complicated but as the Quaker lady suggests, a simple checkbox in her tax forms.