Get Together

I will be arriving in Taipei 10/18 to attend PHILATAIPEI. I will be staying at a hotel on Xinyi right across from Daan Park. Would love to finally meet some of you guys!

1 Like

Welcome to Taipei. I had to google what philataipei was. I’ve never been to a stamp convention, are you coming here as a guest or a vendor?

Guest. I have collected Republic of China (Taiwan) stamps since 1969 and have almost all Taiwanese stamps since 1950. There are hundreds of exhibits of stamps and postal history, and dealers from all around the world. I am meeting a collector there from Macedonia I have corresponded with for 20 years!

Enjoy your time in Taiwan and meeting up with your fellow collector. And thanks for the info about PhilaTaipei.

I used to collect stamps as a kid, 40 years ago. Back then–at least in the U.S.–you could walk into any drug store or toy shop and find a section just for stamp collecting. I spent many an hour agonizing over which ones to buy with the pocket change I had saved. Maybe I’ll check out this exhibit and reminisce. It would most likely be that Sunday the 23rd, so if the OP is there maybe I’ll see you.