Getting Sued

There is a younger guy who has proof that I sexually harrassed him because he saw an email that had his name on the company’s computer which we all share.
The email was the manager’s account. Whatever’’’ It does not prove anything. Two weeks before this day, this foreigner maybe talked some crap about me to someone else.

This got me angry and I approached him in a classroom saying some things in the threat form to let him know that he needs to stop. Since then, he has not gone to the police, but instead was asking the owner to release the video as a copy. The owner postponed this issue for a few weeks because of being busy and this past week told the employee the he will not give him a copy of the video. The owner decided to make a claim against him for sexually harrassing girls which there is no proof because he wants him out.

The foreigner then goes to the police to file the claim and states I continued to threaten him and he knows the owner will not help protect him. I am also a foreigner who works in kindy, so should I continue this process? It involves other people who may also be deported.

Just a hypothetical question - Is there a chance this foreigner could meet the right person who could obtain this video? If this video has no audio, but shows I was intimidating by throwing things around and trapping this small guy into a corner, could this prove anything? Does my boss have the right to not show the video to anyone, or in time this will be forced as evidence, therefore, my boss has to give it up? What if my boss deletes it?

Maybe I don’t understand.

Are you both illegal kindy teachers? If you are and he isn’t, maybe I can understand him going to the cops.

And how did you sexually harass him? I get that you intimidated this small person who maybe said something bad about you, but how did you sexually harass him . . .allegedly? . . .

You approached him in a classroom. An empty classroom, or one filled with kindy witnesses? :ponder:

You say you threw some things around. A box of tissues at the floor? Your stickyballs at the whiteboard? An axe at his head? :ponder:

And your manager is making false claims that he sexually harassed girls? :ponder: That’s not right.

I’m sure someone else will come along soon that understands the law and your situation better than I do. From what little I know, someone may be guilty of libel, slander, defamation, sexual harassment, spoliation of evidence, assault, and/or teaching kindy without a license.

I am a kindy teacher.
He was, but he was fired.

He is claiming that the photo he found on the computer which I sent to my boss is sexual harrassment because this photo implies he is gay.

My boss was next to me and she is my witness. No kids.

I slammed the door shut and pushed the table to the wall to trap him. I did not touch him.

Let’s make all of this is hypothetical .

Here’s the reality. He needs zero evidence to launch a suit against you which will include the criminal charge of infringement of liberty. If you lie to the prosecutor and she doesn’t believe you this will go to court. There is a very very high conviction rate for such things.

Since you have admitted here to the action it is going to be hard to lie consistently.

If the video ever shows up you are fucked. No audio is needed. You trapped him in a room. That is illegal.

The court can also force the owner to provide it. If she doesn’t it will look bad for you.

Basically your only option is to settle out of court.

Hypothetically, what about the sexual harrassment case my boss will put against him? six women signed documents stating he touched them and had feelings for them. I believe it will not go away so easily.

I hypothetically, have a hearing in three months because of his police complaint. Could he reverse that and drop the charges and we can continue on our normal lives, or do we have to go to this hearing? We are both foreigners so maybe there is a loophole or law that does not apply to all.

[quote=“Subarcticblast”]Hypothetically, what about the sexual harrassment case my boss will put against him? six women signed documents stating he touched them and had feelings for them. I believe it will not go away so easily.

I hypothetically, have a hearing in three months because of his police complaint. Could he reverse that and drop the charges and we can continue on our normal lives, or do we have to go to this hearing? We are both foreigners so maybe there is a loophole or law that does not apply to all.[/quote]

His sexual harassment charges should have no relevance on your case. Why would they? Do you think you have the right to be a vigalante?

He cannot drop the charges as it is a criminal matter. You will go before a prosecutor who will want you to settle out of court. You better hope he is willing.

[quote=“Mucha Man”][quote=“Subarcticblast”]Hypothetically, what about the sexual harrassment case my boss will put against him? six women signed documents stating he touched them and had feelings for them. I believe it will not go away so easily.

I hypothetically, have a hearing in three months because of his police complaint. Could he reverse that and drop the charges and we can continue on our normal lives, or do we have to go to this hearing? We are both foreigners so maybe there is a loophole or law that does not apply to all.[/quote]

His sexual harassment charges should have no relevance on your case. Why would they? Do you think you have the right to be a vigalante?

He cannot drop the charges as it is a criminal matter. You will go before a prosecutor who will want you to settle out of court. You better hope he is willing.[/quote]
Right! Criminal matters are of public interest especially sexual assault/harassment.

Anyhow, why exactly does the boss need six woman to sign documents? If he wanted them to testify in court, he could just ask them to show up there, right?
To the OP, sexual advances between adults is not a crime in general. So if you were trying to get closer/testing out, and you got rejected. In most cases you politely apologize, leave that person alone and move on.
Throwing false allegations at each other or making false allegations in order to defend yourself will only get you into more trouble.
If any of those six women revokes her testimony, the others will follow because giving a false statement in court is a crime.

This whole thing sounds pretty creepy to me. Please, should I ever come across you or your coworker, let me know.
I’d move on to another job the same day. Throwing false allegations of that nature against each other will ruin both of your lives.

Are there any free lawyers in Taipei or someone who consults for free and then later charges a one time fee (small enough to still survive for the next month)?

Wow, first foreigners really should be careful when it comes to involving themselves with Taiwanese. Do not trust your boss…

Second, i hope the answers about the lawyers could go on my page too.

Update - The owner hypothetically is making us go to his lawyer’s office to have a meeting with us because of the police presence which caused harm to the school.

I am not sure what we will be discussing because I did not call the police, but they hypothetically stated that this problem is from two of us and we need to fix it. Wonder what this means. We need our lawyers there if we want, but we must chat with the owner’s lawyer.

Is this even legal? Are we required to go? Having watched movies, I think a little intimidation and threatening will take place. What are your thoughts?

Primarily, don’t fling shit if you can’t afford a lawyer.

[quote=“Subarcticblast”]Update - The owner hypothetically is making us go to his lawyer’s office to have a meeting with us because of the police presence which caused harm to the school.

I am not sure what we will be discussing because I did not call the police, but they hypothetically stated that this problem is from two of us and we need to fix it. Wonder what this means. We need our lawyers there if we want, but we must chat with the owner’s lawyer.

Is this even legal? Are we required to go? Having watched movies, I think a little intimidation and threatening will take place. What are your thoughts?[/quote]
You can have a free (short) consultation with a lawyer at the Legal Aid Foundation. You may need to book a few days in advance. There’s a link somewhere…

[quote=“Subarcticblast”]Update - The owner hypothetically is making us go to his lawyer’s office to have a meeting with us because of the police presence which caused harm to the school.

Is this even legal? Are we required to go? Having watched movies, I think a little intimidation and threatening will take place. What are your thoughts?[/quote]

You are fucked! Please don’t ever think that being a foreigner has the loophole. The loophole is run from that country and never come back. The right thing to do is just to say whatever that had happened and not trying to fit it to your advantage. You have cornered him in a room, that’s illegal. You and your boss accused him of sexual harassment on other worker, if that’s a lie and if found you will be jailed.

Thank you for the replies.

How did it go?

Any updates?