Go-Karting In Taiwan

Outside of Taipei in a small place near Dasi Township I found a cool little Go-Kart Track. They have single seater Go-Karts as well as two-seaters so you can take your kiddies.

The cool thing about the two-seaters is that they have two steering wheels and what is even better is that they are both functional so you can let your kiddie drive around the track, but you can grab your wheel in case something unexpected happens…

It cost NT$300 for the two-seater for at least 10 mins. I didn’t actually time it, but we did a fair few laps…

Anyone know of any other cool Go Kart tracks, maybe where you can hire real fast go-karts.

Check out my boy driving around. Not too bad for a 7 y/o…
vimeo.com/972368
youtube.com/watch?v=pzmX-nMKAd4

That track is terrible. Way too many turns.
There’s a newish track in Chungli. Very close to the HSR station.

That track is not that bad, been on worse… even back in Australia… a little bit more expensive than I thought it would be though… also Karts could be a bit quicker… but it’s fine to take your kids to play on…

Do you have the address for the ChungLi track?

Do they have the twin seaters that also lets the passenger steer? Other places I have been to have a second steering wheel, but that is just so the kiddies can pretend they are driving… My little fella is hooked on driving now, so I need a track that has the twin steering type of Karts. He is still too short to reach the accelerator, and I also want to be able to grab the wheel in case he wants to put me into the tyre walls or another kart…

How much is it out at the ChungLi track… NT$???

In longtan you can rent 125cc racing go carts. But it’s 1000$ for a session. They also have smaler ones 250$ (Honda 160, 270, 390 engines) but they were not in a very good shape last time I went.

If you really want to have fun, you need to go to Juhnan. The track is new, it has elevations and nice turns.
The carts are very well maintained and the attitude of the people there is professional. They don’t kid around with safety.

You can ask M13 or Dogma how to get there because I forgot (It’s lost in the woods)

I’d be up for some go kart racing one of these days. More ppl the better :slight_smile:

The Jhunan track is great…but very hard to get to. We could do a bike trip as a group heading out from GAMFA one day.

Other than that the Chung-Li track is much more convenient and more of a middle ground for the Taipei Hsinchu folk.

It’s not as good as the Jhunan track, but it’s much better than the Da-Si track and it’s better than the track near GAMFA. It has two seaters…not sure if they have dual steering wheels.

Here is a video I did at the Chung-Li track (I talk for a bit, then we do a warm up lap…so skip to the 7 minute mark to see us go quick): livevideo.com/video/D0D072BD … -2-i-.aspx

That sounds like a cool idea. Wouldn’t mind checking out both places…

There is another one near HsinTien in Taipei that I have been past in a taxi before, but I think it was kind of on the Dasi scale…

If the TIS track isn’t open this Sunday for bike riding, wouldn’t mind heading out for some Farting Kun…

Anyone got the address to the ChongLi track? Need to go to place with two seaters so I can take my boy. He gets shitty and bored if I don’t let him play…

[quote=“TaipeiSean”]
Anyone got the address to the ChongLi track? Need to go to place with two seaters so I can take my boy. He gets shitty and bored if I don’t let him play…[/quote]

Here is a map: gf-racecar.com/

It’ll be so nice of us to race on a level playing field for a change. Now there will be no excuses…when I beat you all.

i’m up for some fair play. TIS will be open sunday. We could head over to the gokart track too though.

Yes, I want to go to TIS about mid morning (don’t want to get up too early on Sunday) and then go to the Chungli karts.

What’s the plan?

Thanks for the map Mordeth. Sorry, my Chinese ain’t so good.

Hopefully someone who knows how to get to the track will go to TIS this Sunday as I can’t make heads or tails of the map.

Just wondering why this thread wasn’t deleted after 3 posts as my initial Quannon thread was. I got a “tsk tsk tsk” for not searching before I posted… I didn’t search before I posted this Go Kart thread either, but I have since found other Go Kart threads… Thanks again Mordeth, cool videos. I want to try that comp like you said the first 3 go to the next round.

And since I reposted my original Quannon question, that thread has recieved a fair few more comments…

Anyways… Let’s hope for a blue sky Sunday… How about whoever is pretty certain they are going to TIS, and/or the Chongli Kart Track post a confirmation and approximate time on Saturday afternoon or evening so we can coordinate something. It would be good to have the whole Go Kart track full of foreigners…

Hey Temple, let me know what time you will go out to Long Tan if you are going this Sunday. I have a work mate who wantso to go check out the race track and the go karts. He lives over your side in Banchiao, but I am not 100% sure about getting out there the way I followed you last time.

Thx

Outside Taipei, past Taoyuan, in a place called Chongli, there is a cool Go Kart track. I took my boy out there for the day. We met up with some other cool foreigners, Heed, Temple and Mordeth13. We all had a great day racing around. They had these great two-seater karts that had two functional steering wheels so my boy could have a go racing around the track with the “big boys”. But unfortunately, these two-seaters are not as fast as the single-seaters as you can see the video, (click the link below). But at least it was still a great time.

au.youtube.com/watch?v=-gmZlcGtiP0

Where to next time guys???

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Back out at the Dasi Track. I didn’t realise they had two sizes of the single-seater karts until I saw the owner of the track’s son, who is a year younger than my boy, driving a kart around when we got there today. So, the owner gave my boy a quick run down on how it all works and great, from now on he can drive his own Kart, and I can drive my own and not be stuck in those slow two-seaters.

I think they can restrict them though as both my boy and the owner’s boy had the same type of kart, but the other kid’s was much faster in a straight line.

Check Out the Video. Don’t know why I only discovered this fun stuff this year…

au.youtube.com/watch?v=Bua6HDtOOqA

Hi, where there is some karting tracks near in or Near Taipei? Is that one taiwanfun.com/north/taipei/r … Norris.htm still operating?

Thx.

A nice track at 1650 Zhong Zheng road Taoyuan. I was there just last sunday, a fairly new place.
桃園中正路1650號

Thanks for the fast reply, it’s easy to get there with busses or should us take taxi? How much it cost, and do u know is there possibility to rent it for private race.

[quote=“igorveni”]A nice track at 1650 Zhong Zheng road Taoyuan. I was there just last Sunday, a fairly new place.
桃園中正路1650號[/quote]

awesome thanks!

anyone up for a forumosa karting meet?

[quote=“mabagal”]

anyone up for a forumosa karting meet?[/quote]

At sunrise?