Go-Karting In Taiwan

I see its an old post… but i would like to give karting a try!
where would i be able to buy a go kart in Taiwan? what is the average price for one and what is it expected? entry/mid level type of kart for a tall guy!
any group of foreigners karting? or good track near Hsinchu or even taouyuen?
any info would be appreciated!!

[quote=“Alien79”]I see its an old post… but I would like to give karting a try!
where would i be able to buy a go kart in Taiwan? what is the average price for one and what is it expected? entry/mid level type of kart for a tall guy!
any info would be appreciated!![/quote]

Last time I was at the track in Zhongli they had several chassis on racks. Most were bare bones with only wheels (no tyres). I think 1 or 2 had motors and only 1 looked finished and had been driven. Pretty sure you could get more info about them there on availability and price.

[quote=“Alien79”]I see its an old post… but I would like to give karting a try!
any info would be appreciated!![/quote]

There is a track in Longtan (ji xian) and the other is in Zhongli (ju feng) that is close to the Lamigo Monkey’s baseball stadium. There is also one in Taoyuan but I have nevetr been. I think it is called Taroko (tailuge). Both places are able to store your go cart for a monthly or yearly rental few. Both have mechanics there too. I think you can get started for as low as 100k to get an entry level cart. I am not sure how much the rental fee is. You can always try to join a team too. I just need to go out and check the places out and talk to people.

Hi RK, thx for the reply!!
are you getting into it? do you know if they sell karts?

Yang, thx for the reply!!
could you send me the GPS or Map location for the track? i think Zhongli is very close to Hsinchu!

Here you go. See if this works:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/%E9%89%85%E8%B1%90%E5%8D%A1%E4%B8%81%E8%BB%8A%E5%A0%B4/@24.9800839,121.2168011,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0x369a2cede3e5a3f7

[quote=“Alien79”]Hi RK, thx for the reply!!
are you getting into it? do you know if they sell karts?

Yang, thx for the reply!!
could you send me the GPS or Map location for the track? I think Zhongli is very close to Hsinchu![/quote]

No problem. I actually race small cc bikes here and frequently practice at these tracks since the Longtan track (TIS) closed. I will start racing at the longtan track (ji xian) next year. There is actually a race there this Sunday. My club will be out there, but it will just be motorcycles and scooters. No carts.

Sometimes I wish I would have gotten into carts here too, but at the moment I am stuck with bikes. :slight_smile:

Oh and here is the address for the longtan track and their FB page. The track address is 桃園市龍潭區高楊北路452巷48號 and their FB page is

https://www.facebook.com/Tykakarting

thx for the info RK!!

Is there anyone here that currently is into the Go Karting? racing and stuff or does anyone know someone close who is into it?

I raced with the guys at Zhongli last year - it was good fun. They have a girl on the team this year who’s bi-lingual, as is the track manager there. We usually practiced on a Sunday, but there’s a race (at Dapeng Bay) this weekend, so you might be better going next week. They can help you find a kart.
There’s one or two teams at Longtan, so that may be worth checking out too, but I think you’ll need Chinese there. The race organizers spoke decent English, and did a pretty decent job in my experience.

Is that 100k twd or usd? Am i able to race without buying a kart? Racing in the rentals lol…

my first ever time karting was 1 week ago, but i have raced 1- 2 times per day since then. first at eda kaioshiung and then alot at rosso taichung twice at k1. My first best lap at rosso was 42 or 44 im not sure but every time i raced i beat it and now its at 29.26…

i went to k1 track today just outside taichung. They had championships or something there and in only 5 min of racing they had 3 crashes… 1 person flipped on his head at the 2nd corner on the first lap and then they had to stop and restart and then another person flipped on his head at the same corner on the first lap again and the 3rd person hit the tires hard and busted his arm… 2 or 3 people went to hospital and the boss guy was so angry and yelled at all the drivers after the 2nd restart while they where in the pit lol i never thought kart racing was this dangerous…

rosso and k1 track are both good tracks… rosso is smaller and has some tough turns, and k1 was bigger and faster and maybe more fun. I love the first corner.

I go back to taipei mid week and am going to try the tracks there.

[quote=“march”]I raced with the guys at Zhongli last year - it was good fun. They have a girl on the team this year who’s bi-lingual, as is the track manager there. We usually practiced on a Sunday, but there’s a race (at Dapeng Bay) this weekend, so you might be better going next week. They can help you find a kart.
There’s one or two teams at Longtan, so that may be worth checking out too, but I think you’ll need Chinese there. The race organizers spoke decent English, and did a pretty decent job in my experience.[/quote]

Hi March,
Dapeng Bay is south of Taiwan right? i am looking at a track not to far from Hsinchu and maybe Taoyuen … the Zhongli track you mentioned, is that the Taroko Track?

[quote=“fat man scooter”]
[/quote]

Hi Fat Man Scooter,
i belive its 100K TWD… where would you normally practice if you were to buy a kart?

[quote=“Alien79”][quote=“march”]I raced with the guys at Zhongli last year - it was good fun. They have a girl on the team this year who’s bi-lingual, as is the track manager there. We usually practiced on a Sunday, but there’s a race (at Dapeng Bay) this weekend, so you might be better going next week. They can help you find a kart.
There’s one or two teams at Longtan, so that may be worth checking out too, but I think you’ll need Chinese there. The race organizers spoke decent English, and did a pretty decent job in my experience.[/quote]

Hi March,
Dapeng Bay is south of Taiwan right? I am looking at a track not to far from Hsinchu and maybe Taoyuen … the Zhongli track you mentioned, is that the Taroko Track?[/quote]

Yes, Dapeng Bay is down south in Pingtung County. Zhongli track is in Zhongli District (used to be called Zhongli City) and the Taroko track is in Taoyuan District (used to be called Taoyuan City).

Zhongli Facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/GFRT.RACING/
Taroko Facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/%E5%A4%A7%E9%AD%AF%E9%96%A3%E8%B3%BD%E8%BB%8A%E5%AD%B8%E9%99%A2-612049735479924/
Taroko Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/tarokokarting?pnref=friends.search

[quote=“Yang Gui Zi”][quote=“Alien79”][quote=“march”]I raced with the guys at Zhongli last year - it was good fun. They have a girl on the team this year who’s bi-lingual, as is the track manager there. We usually practiced on a Sunday, but there’s a race (at Dapeng Bay) this weekend, so you might be better going next week. They can help you find a kart.

Hi March,
Dapeng Bay is south of Taiwan right? I am looking at a track not to far from Hsinchu and maybe Taoyuen … the Zhongli track you mentioned, is that the Taroko Track?[/quote]

Yes, Dapeng Bay is down south in Pingdong County. Zhongli track is in Zhongli District (used to be called Zhongli City) and the Taroko track is in Taoyuan District (used to be called Taoyuan City).

Zhongli Facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/GFRT.RACING/
Taroko Facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/%E5%A4%A7%E9%AD%AF%E9%96%A3%E8%B3%BD%E8%BB%8A%E5%AD%B8%E9%99%A2-612049735479924/
Taroko Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/tarokokarting?pnref=friends.search[/quote]

That’s right. The one at Zhongli is called GFRT, and it’s on route 113 just outside Zhongli, next to one of the stations for the new railway line from Taipei via the airport to Zhongli. The track’s small, but in better condition than the Longtan circuit.

I would most likely practice at a track near taipei but i could practice in taichung also. If i choose taichung it would probably be k1,
K1 track looks more suited for faster karts compared to rosso.

I got my time down to 29.15 last night at rosso… the people who run the place are awesome, they keep on training me and giving me tips. Two times they told me to follow them when i was racing. I know they can get down to 28.50 not sure if they can get lower.

[quote=“fat man scooter”]I would most likely practice at a track near taipei but i could practice in taichung also. If i choose taichung it would probably be k1,

I got my time down to 29.15 last night at rosso… the people who run the place are awesome, they keep on training me and giving me tips. Two times they told me to follow them when I was racing. I know they can get down to 28.50 not sure if they can get lower.[/quote]

and you are training on rented karts?

Kinda training lol just doing it for fun but thinking about one day racing…

Will be going to k1 tonight if its open.

Thinking about getting a go pro and going around to all the go kart tracks in taiwan and reviewing them.

[quote=“fat man scooter”]Kinda training lol just doing it for fun but thinking about one day racing…

Will be going to k1 tonight if its open.

Thinking about getting a go pro and going around to all the go kart tracks in taiwan and reviewing them.[/quote]

hahaha that would be awesome but heavily time consuming!!! it will take you for ever if you go to Kenting hahahaha

[quote=“fat man scooter”]I would most likely practice at a track near taipei but i could practice in taichung also. If i choose taichung it would probably be k1,

I got my time down to 29.15 last night at rosso… the people who run the place are awesome, they keep on training me and giving me tips. Two times they told me to follow them when I was racing. I know they can get down to 28.50 not sure if they can get lower.[/quote]

The track at Rosso is being modified. Have a look at the new layout.
It… looks like … (need to be confirmed when work is finished)… it will be faster.
Let’s wait and see.

Rosso Karting on FB: facebook.com/ROSSOKARTING/
There are some photos