Gogoro 2

good idea with the parking… but that would require …enforcement.

At least doesn’t have the big fat ugly seat anymore. It looks to be more useful… better than the last one.

??? “comes in six colors — white, grey, orange, blue, yellow, and red”. How about maybe like uh black.

And the light is not on the handlebars, so you can’t point the light in the direction that you are actually traveling…

Unstealable?! haha, many bikes are stolen by being picked up and placed on the back of a blue truck.

looks pretty black to me. that orange one has my name all over it though! what a beaut.

So is the battery just free at the station?

You can steal it but it wouldn’t be worth anything.

Yes how does it work? You just pull up and swap batteries but do you have to pay for anything and how do you pay?

Here’s a much better article (Chinese with photos).

This gogoro 2 is a lot more robust and seems to be able to be modded a lot more especially for carrying stuff and use more standard scooter components for maintenance.

1 Like

I wonder if Gogoro are developing some sort of a self-driving scooter. Or a scooter with some degree of AI to avoid collisions. Seems like most electric cars are heading in that direction.

Went to a Gogoro store in Kaohsiung - and I am confused …

The service-woman said that foreigners can not get the advertised price of 38.800 or 44.800.
Only people with Taiwan ID (thus tw citizien) can get those subsidies, even APRC foreigners
are out of luck. So she pointed towards the original price.

Maybe she was talking bullshit, maybe it was a lack of communication due to my chinese …

Whatever, does anyone knows more about this ?
If that is (hopefully NOT) true, well, I guess it is time to sue the system …

That’s the price after various subsidies are applied, not necessarily to do with if you are a foreigner or not but where your household residence is etc…

I read the same information on the Gogoro website as the sales woman told you, albeit with Google translator.

After going through the reservation process, the pop-up info box at the end stated that subsidies are only available to Republic of China ID holders.

I guess that even the big nosed half of the company’s two founders can’t get the subsidy.

It looks like you are right. At least they state that on their site.
The subsidies are very substantial it is a great pity if tax paying resident foreigners are discriminated again in this regard.

http://www.gogoro.com/tw/faq/?hash=Government

The usual workaround, AFAIK, is to get someone with a local ID to buy it and then sell it to you. Not sure if they’ve attempted to close that loophole, but I don’t see how you physically could stop it happening.

Maybe…just maybe you’re not allowed to even register an electric scooter under an ARC/APRC?

Then get your friend to register it in their name and you just drive it :slight_smile:

I think the problem may be that you only get one subsidy for life perhaps, and the friend might want to get a Gogoro in the future.

how does it work? You just pull up and swap batteries but do you have to pay for anything and how do you pay?

They have different plans, but they’re all based on mileage.

For NT$299/month, you can ride 100km, and pay NT$2.5 for each extra km.
For $499/month, you can ride 200km, and pay $2 for each extra km.
For $799/month, you can ride 600km, and pay $1.5 for each extra km.
These plans all include free maintenance.

They also have a couple plans that don’t include maintenance, and a plan where you rent a battery and a charger (different prices for slow and fast charging) and charge at home.

1 Like

How long does the battery usually last?

They’re supposed to be good for about 70 km, but it all depends on how you ride. The goal is to have a charging station every km in the major cities.

that’s not very far. I’m guessing in Taipei traffic you’d have to switch them out often. I think I might get a bit annoyed unless I lived really close to a recharge station.