Good English-speaking hairdresser or barber in Taipei?

As a result of reading all your comments, I decided to go to Dra’s hair lab last month just before the New Year. Sandra cut my hair & I was really pleased with the result. She dedicated a lot of time to giving me exactly the hair cut I had asked for. I can thorougly recommend her. It’s also incredibly easy to get to from the Taipei City Hall MRT, just a short walk of under 5 minutes.

I went to Dra’s hair lab today and got an awesome haircut from Sandra! I highly recommend this place, it was easy to find, close to the MRT, fluent English, and even fresh stacks of English magazines! She really took her time on my hair and both of them were super nice and helpful.

hi chimsha and sydbristow13 (i loved alias way back when!),
thanks so much for your thumbs up. :notworthy: :bow: we appreciate your taking time to post here. and, of course, we enjoyed having you in and we look forward to seeing you and you and you and everyone else in the future.
cheers! :slight_smile:

I was treated to a very relaxing and enjoyable experience at Dra’s Hair Lab last yesterday evening. The atmosphere is quiet and soothing because she sees one customer at a time. She takes her time and really makes sure to give you exactly what you ask for.

I am so happy I found this post on Forumosa and went to Dra’s for my color and cut. I will never stress over a visit to the hairdresser in Taiwan again, I’ve found my new hairdresser! Thank you Sandra and Roz!!! See you again soon! :slight_smile:

thanks heidigallant! we’d love to see you again as well! *=)

Went to this place a couple of days ago.

Nice looking place. Very clean.

Very near by the City Hall MRT.

They gave me tea when I was there.

Haircut came out perfectly.

Though it was a lot more expensive than I would pay in the US, she spoke perfect English. They are from California.

Is this the current price list (for men)?

Dra’s - 750
Eddie - 800
Diane - 1000

Any other English speakers out there?

hi,
the 750 for men’s wash/cut/style was a fall promo that we extended til Chinese New Year. our regular price is $900. wouldn’t our recent visitors feeling a lil ripped off.
thanks
roz for dra’s hair lab
:notworthy:

Yup, Diane is still 1000. Includes laid back atmosphere, good music and a cup of coffee, as always.

Ok, I’ve booked an appointment with Diane for next Friday! I’m a redhead with very fine, longish, wai guo ren hair. I’ll post a review and let you know what I think of her cut and color work.

I’ve been going to Eddie, but felt the color he uses damages my hair. He also usually cuts more off than I like. After his cuts and blow dries, I usually come straight home and restyle/fix my look. Hopefully when I leave Diane’s I feel great with my hair and don’t have to run straight home to fix the way she’s styled it.

I went to Diane’s yesterday afternoon and I’m really pleased with the haircut! She’s lived all over the world, and seems to know everything about hair. She advised me not to color my hair; to give it a rest for a little while. I like that she cares about what’s best for your hair. You can tell because she has her “at home” salon, she’s under no pressure to up-sell, or try to get you to buy additional products or treatments. She’s great and I will definitely be going back!

Any good English speaking barbers that can do American hairstyles such as a skin taper?
example here: youtube.com/watch?v=TWYPnsehedE

seems like a lot of you guys pay for super overpriced haircuts, is there anyone in Taiwan that gives male haircuts for $10-$15 USD?

Greetings!! Dra’s Hair Lab is doing a summer promo - men’s haircut for $750 and women’s for $1000. This promo will run from 6/23 - 7/25. You can make an appt with us by calling, txt/sms @ 0931989383, email drashairlab.com

looking forward to serving more forumosans! :slight_smile: :bow:

Any english speaking barbers in Wan Hua or near the 101 building that won’t cost me an arm and leg?

there is a place called VISAVIS in taipei city and almst everybody there speaks english and its very high class for a reasonable price

I hope to find someone who can cut western/american style men’s hair… english speaking not necessary at all.

I don’t mind someone who uses razors but thinning scissors are a huge no! Anyone know anyone?

[quote=“Taisan”]Does anyone recommend a hair stylist to cut short, naturally curly hair. I don’t care about the language issue as much as I want someone who knows what they are doing. I am hoping someone has had a good experience with a stylist and I can try them out.
I have been to Eddie, Diane and George Pai’s in Tianmu and won’t go back to any of them. I was hoping there was some new talent in the hair market. I usually get my hair cut on trips abroad, but I am getting desperate.
thanks a lot![/quote]

did you find someone you like? what issues did you have with eddie and them? I’m also looking for someone

okay I went to eddie. his technique seems good and it would probably be hard to find better in taiwan. felt kind of violated by the shampoo/massage from an assisstant though… I’ll just say that I’ve never had anyone massage my neck during a wash and I had to bite my tongue since I’m ticklish lol… I would’ve said something but it was so unexpected.

I just had one of the best cuts I have ever had from Sandra at Dra’s. My hair is short, straight, thick, and shows every scissor mark if not done properly. I was VERY pleased, and so was my hubby!

hi ajm, thanks!!! it was lovely to have you in. glad your hubby liked it as well. =)