Good English-speaking hairdresser or barber in Taipei?

Hi everyone,

Eddie is the best! I have been in Taiwan for 11 years and Eddie has been cutting my hair since i first met him, about 10 years ago. He also cuts alot of my best friends’ hair too. One of those friends even moved to Shanghai, but still makes a point of getting his haircut by Eddie whenever he is in town.

Great service, great english ability, great conversation, and most importantly - great haircuts!

Eddie trained in London for many years, so he really understands how foreign hair is different to Asian hair. He will also communicate with you and find out just what you want.

I want to tell everyone - Eddie is leaving Mix and Match and going to a new salon, nearby. Here are the details:

Eddie at:
PicaHair Salon
Taiwan
106‎ Taipei City‎ Da-an District
3F No. 76 Jhongsiao East Road Section 4
Near : MRT Station Zhongxiao Fuxing. (Exit: 3)

(eddietham.com)

Eddie
畢卡髮藝
忠孝東路四段76號3樓之4
忠孝復興站(3號出口)

I do like this name for a British Hairdresser/stylist :slight_smile:

In 2013, Diane at Fine Salon is still at work and she just gave me an excellent pixie cut. I couldn’t bear my long wavy hair in Taipei’s summer heat and decided to get it all cut off. I knew it was risky to make such a big change in Asia, since I’ve gotten some terrible cuts in China and Japan, but on the strength of Diane’s reviews I decided to go ahead. She really knows hair. We talked over together how short to go, and then she showed me a couple ways to style it. I’ll be back before I leave Taipei, and I’ll miss her when I go back to New York.

Once you have been in Taiwan for over six months, your hair should be mostly Taiwanese and should speak the language.

drashairlab.com/ Chiming in for Dra’s Hair Lab. I went there 2 years ago. Sandra was really nice and she cut my long/curly/foreign hair really well. Expensive, but I thought it was worth it.

Anyone know, anyone saw english speaking hairdresser in Danshui ? :smiley: (or somewhere along red line)

I go to a lovely gal named Evonne at J-Salon in Danshui, but sadly, she does not speak English. However, she does give a very nice haircut and is great making my dark hair blonde to hide the gray. :slight_smile:

Good to know, but this doesn’t help me :confused:
Simple cut, but difficult to explain :wink:

[quote=“Mencjusz”]Good to know, but this doesn’t help me :confused:
Simple cut, but difficult to explain :wink:[/quote]
I have been trying to explain how I would like my hair cutting for 3 Years. This is not a language issue…it is the simple fact that the “Cutting skill” is completely absent in Taiwan. They will say that they learn Japanese style of cutting. This may be true but would have to be learned from 3 year old Japanese person to maintain, consistently such a terrible standard.
They do , however , have the ability, to completely destroy a reasonable cut in minutes (see video for an an idea). It’s worth spending 50,000NT on a flight to Europe. Really.The Taiwanese take as much care to learn how to cut hair as they take learning how to ride a scooter.

I very strongly recommend Jimmy Chou. I got the best haircut in my life there a couple of days ago!

He did his entire training in Australia, in one of the best hairdressing schools there. He speaks excellent English and obviously has plenty of experience with non-Asian hair (my super fine, slightly curly blonde hair was a no-brainer for him).
He opened his own salon a few months ago, and has a really nice little place with a lot of character.
He charges 1200 for women, 1000 for men (which I find very reasonable considering the high quality of his work).

Address: no. 38, lane 415 Guangfu South Road
Tel: 02 8789 9109
Opening hours: Tuesday - Sunday, 1 pm - 9 pm
Here’s his facebook page: facebook.com/BibaSalonTaiwan?fref=ts

I moved to Taiwan recently, and I definitely didn’t want to experiment with my hair. After researching, I saw a lot of people highly recommending Eddie Tham from PicaHair Salon. I went there, and I’m very very satisfied with my haircut and coloring as well. I have the hard to tame wavy hair, but Eddie really did an awesome job. It’s not cheap, but it’s worthy!

PicaHair
106‎ Taipei City‎ Da’an District
3F No. 76 Zhongxiao East Road Section 4
Near : MRT Station Zhongxiao Fuxing. (Exit: 3)

eddietham.com

I was actually wondering if the person needed to be a good hairdresser or good at speaking English?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Hi my name is Tony, I have just recently return from Australia, I was a hairdresser in Australia. Currently I am located in a salon only 5mins walking distance from Hu Zhou rail station . If there is any enquiries about hair , Perming or colour and be able to communicate in English. Please do not hesitate to contact me. Tony^^

No.11, Aly. 6, Ln. 99, Sec. 3, Kangning Rd., Neihu Dist., Taipei City 114, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
02 26305979

[quote=“The boss of who”]I very strongly recommend Jimmy Chou. I got the best haircut in my life there a couple of days ago!

He did his entire training in Australia, in one of the best hairdressing schools there. He speaks excellent English and obviously has plenty of experience with non-Asian hair (my super fine, slightly curly blonde hair was a no-brainer for him).
He opened his own salon a few months ago, and has a really nice little place with a lot of character.
He charges 1200 for women, 1000 for men (which I find very reasonable considering the high quality of his work).

Here’s his facebook page: facebook.com/BibaSalonTaiwan?fref=ts[/quote]

Second that. I went to one of the other recommended barbers in this thread and was somewhat disappointed with my haircut. Jimmy on the other hand gave me one of the best haircuts I have ever had. Highly recommend!

[quote=“roebaht”][quote=“The boss of who”]I very strongly recommend Jimmy Chou. I got the best haircut in my life there a couple of days ago!

Here’s his facebook page: facebook.com/BibaSalonTaiwan?fref=ts[/quote]

Second that. I went to one of the other recommended barbers in this thread and was somewhat disappointed with my haircut. Jimmy on the other hand gave me one of the best haircuts I have ever had. Highly recommend![/quote]

Yeah Jimmy is really great at Biba. He cut my hair a few times and it’s always been really good. He spent some time in Australia so he has really good English.

Most importantly, I really liked him compared to other hair cutters I’ve been to because he actually cares about your hair. Other people just use scissors to cut, but he takes into account your features to ensure an all-around good haircut.

Hello!
Just wanted to put my two cents in to highly recommend Eddie Tham. He is now at PicaHair Salon, which is located at the following address:

3rd Floor. No. 76, Section 4, Zhongxiao East Rd., Taipei
​​(Close to Zhongxiao Fuxing MRT Station, Exit 3)

Background info: I had the fortunate opportunity to live in Taipei for one year, and during that time I only got my hair cut by Eddie. He consistently cut my hair exactly how I wanted it, spoke perfect English, and was always extremely accommodating. I was initially skeptical to find someone to cut my hair during my time in Taipei, but I can now confidently say that all the excellent reviews on Eddie are definitely accurate. Next time I come back to Taipei, I’ll most certainly contact Eddie when I need a haircut. I cannot recommend him enough!

I can speak English and my mom always said I was good at cutting my hair. So she’s really my only reference.

I would also recommend Eddie.

If you are a Westerner and looking for a professional who can do blonde highlights - I strongly recommend Diane at Fine Hair Salon! She’s amazing…She did my highlights with beautiful results - NO YELLOW! She;s really nice and very professional…usually getting my hair done is painful as I have very fine, tangly hair. But Diane knew how to work with it, she was so gentle - felt no pain :slight_smile: Fantastic! Highly recommend her. Salon’s number is 0227784733 :notworthy:

Been going to Eddie for years, he’s great.