Great Travel Agents

The prices I’ve been getting from Interlink for my trip to the Philippines are about the same as if I go directly to the airlines’ website. So, they are tacking on a commission that is to HIGH!

I have used Trump travel twice and found Peter Lawrence to be very helpful and reliable. I will be using them again.
tttour.com.tw/english/Home.htm

Again, I am flying through tickets purchased by Jeannie at Interlink. This time to the Philipines. Great deal, told me which package was the best for what I wanted (even telling me that the more expensive ones were not worth the cost). For their honesty and Jeannie’s professional manner, I give Interlink another **** out of ****.

Veronica at David’s.“I don’t think so.” I booked to Manila and advised of dates 2 and 4 months in advance for my next travel. Booking was eventually double and without the free hotel.Rude, discourteous, and an uncaring, unprofessional manager.

Hi Imaniou,
I am also heading over to the Philippines. I’ve only booked the tickets to Manila. It seems now that Cebu might be a better place to fly into.
Could you share the package details (price et all!) that Interlink is giving?
I’d appreciate it!

So far, I have 2 tickets to Manila for NT12,246 each from EVA Air.

Just back from Manila, and need a rest.
My booking, by a Taiwanese, CA, was $1150.
May have gotten it for less, but required ticket within the two weeks.
It is amazing how much cheaper everything I priced was,
and in Pesos.
P4, 5, 10 for oranges
37P for T-shirts
17P for razor blades at 7-11
Water P40 for 5 L
and on and on
Always double check that the Taxi meter is on, it starts at P25, and in the legal taxis does not move very quickly.

:smiley: I just got a ticket with Trump travel services in Kaohsiung.
There is a Peter Lawrence ( british ) working there as a manager.
He is cool,…and understand what you need immediatly. In my case he was cheaper than 2 others local agents in Taichung. He replies email very quickly too. I think is the best agent for europe ! …maybe for other parts of the world too !!!
tel. 07-330 6166 www.tttour.com.tw
PS he can speak spanish and frencn too !! lol
This guy’s agence should be rated ! :sunglasses:

I flew to HK on the weekend and my ticket was 6776 on Thai Airways. Got my ticket through Rick at eztravel I thought that was pretty good. My G/F works at Lion Travel and even she couldn’t beat that price.

Didn’t really use except for getting the necessary “ticket out of taiwan”

OK Travel offered it minus 800NT. I saw it was 1000NT in an earlier post…when I called I enquired and the lady on the line said 500NT and her colleague immediately said something so up to 800NT it was, which made me feel perhaps it should be a bit less? I probably shouldn’t have specified I needed it for a visa run, maybe could’ve saved a bit.

The good thing is that they were quite friendly on the phone, they said they had a coworker that would stay in a bit after hours for other work and would call me if they closed, and if you’re in a rush for that paper ticket to show the visa office if you drop off the money that night they can have the ticket ready for you the next day.

Called David’s before this and sure they were a bit cheaper but a bit unprofessional and DID make you feel like you were imposing. The lady cut off and started talking to someone else right in the beginning of our conversation – but then again if they book the flight at a great deal and don’t mess up, I don’t care how rude they are, as long as they get the job right.

Paul, a regular in Malibu West and a Taiwanese travel agent can arrange cheap tickets home. No need to even leave the pub! He does this for many foreign businessmen

I just booked 2 tickets Taipei to Canada (return) for $1599 (each/Canadian). Travelling with Cathay Pacific (great airline!) The agent is in Canada. He is sending the tickets to me. I’ve searched all the websites including airlines and travel websites. I also just with a few of the agents listed on this thread. This was the best deal I could find!
If anyone needs tickets I would suggest contacting this guy.
PM me for his email address!

If tickets were issued in Canada then mailed to TPE, you would have to use them out of order. Is this allowed? Overseas agents always told me that you cannot do this because if they notice at the ticket counter, they may not allow you to board. Have the rules changed???

The itinerary is Taipei to Toronto

Recently, I called several travel agents to compare prices. I asked them the price of a round-trip (return) ticket from Taipei to Washington, DC, leaving on May 31st and coming back on June 21st.

I wrote down the price that each travel agency told me for each airline. The results are that Astor and Dong1 Lian2 are the cheapest travel agencies and Interlink is the the most expensive travel agency. But Interlink is also the friendliest.

First of all, here’s the contact information for the eight travel agencies that I called:

1. Interlink: (02) 2578-0611, ask for Shawn
  2. Champion: (02) 2561-6250 x215, ask for Sherry
  3. Astor: (02) 2545-8199, ask for Margaret
  4. Dong1 Lian2: (02) 2592-9657, ask for Elly
  5. OK Travel: (02) 2550-2466, ask for Amelia
  6. CT Link: (02) 2562-9335, ask for Vicky
  7. Ming2 Shi4: (037) 327-127, ask for Miss Luo2
  8. Feng4 Xiang2: (037) 669-911, ask for Miss Wu2

(#7 and #8 are in Miaoli County and they can’t speak English, but I called them because they are close to where I live.)

Below are the actual prices that each travel agency told me. (All prices are in NT dollars.)

(The order of the airlines is from cheapest to most expensive. I.e., Continental is the cheapest, Cathay Pacific is the second cheapest, etc. The order of the travel agencies is also cheapest to most expensive, for each airline.)

Taking Continental Airlines

Ming2 Shi4: 26,600
Astor: 26,800
Dong1 Lian2: 27,200
Champion: 28,000
Feng4 Xiang2: 28,000
OK Travel: 28,400
Interlink: 29,400
CT Link: 35,000

Taking Cathay Pacific

Astor: 26,700
Dong1 Lian2: 26,900
Feng4 Xiang2: 27,500
Interlink: 27,800
OK Travel: 28,000
CT Link: 28,000
Champion: 32,800
Ming2 Shi4: 32,900

Taking All Nippon Airways

Astor: 30,500
Ming2 Shi4: 30,700
Champion: 31,600
Feng4 Xiang2: 31,700
Dong1 Lian2: 32,200
Interlink: 37,600
OK Travel: can’t sell ANA tickets
CT Link: can’t sell ANA tickets

Taking Northwest Airlines

Dong1 Lian2: 30,800
CT Link: 30,900
Astor: 31,000
Ming2 Shi4: 31,000
Feng4 Xiang2: 31,500
Champion: 31,600
OK Travel: 31,800
Interlink: 33,000

Taking American Airlines

Astor: 32,000
Dong1 Lian2: 32,200
OK Travel: 32,500
Champion: 32,800
Feng4 Xiang2: 33,000
Interlink: 33,200
Ming2 Shi4: 33,700
CT Link: 35,500

Taking Singapore Airlines

Ming2 Shi4: 33,900
Astor: 35,200
Dong1 Lian2: 35,600
Feng4 Xiang2: 36,400
Champion: 36,900
OK Travel: 37,000
CT Link: 37,000
Interlink: 37,000

Taking United Airlines

Champion: 37,000
Astor: 37,500
OK Travel: 37,800
Dong1 Lian2: 38,000
CT Link: 39,500
Ming2 Shi4: 36,800
Feng4 Xiang2: 45,300
Interlink: 46,800

Taking China Airlines or EVA Airlines or Air Canada

China Airlines, EVA Airlines, and Air Canada also have flights from Taipei to Washington, DC, but every travel agency told me that the price for a ticket on China Airlines, EVA Airlines, or Air Canada is much higher than the price for any other airline. So I only copied down the prices for these airlines from just 3 or 4 travel agencies, and they are all more than 40,000 NT.

Note: All the ticket prices that Interlink, Astor, and OK Travel quote are not including tax. But the prices which all the other travel agencies quote are including tax. I found out that the tax is usually about 2500 NT, so I already added 2500 NT to all the above prices for Interlink, Astor, and OK Travel.

Namastestore wrote:

if you ever need advice, a quick ticket and loads of kindness and patience- see Maria at Interlink Travel Service co. I swear to you this woman is a godsend. Please use her services. I have used her twice and she has gotten me great rates on tickects as well as just been a vast well of information as to what to do with various situations.

Interlink Travel Service
Maria
02-2578-0611
fax:02-2577-1276
moble:0918-548-461

add: 11-1fl no. 68 Guangfu N. Rd Taipei
email:maria@interlink.com.tw
[/quote]

[edited]Muzha Man didn’t write
but Namastestore wrote:

Care to share and give us a few examples?

This isn’t my posting John. Read the top. The author started a whole new thread so I deleted it and posted the words here.

By coincidence however, I just used this travel agent today or a flight to Hong Kong. No idea if she gave me a great deal or not. She was very friendly, though.

My Fiancee now works at Phoenix Tours. She’s a sweetheart. I saved alot of $$$ by going through her, no jokes please. Most of Interlinks tickets are done through Phoenix, e-tickets to be sure. So cut out the middle man and save a little.

Grasshopper, why is it important to remember that no one owns my grumblefish?

If you live your life according to a standard other than your own, you are owned by someone else. Words of advice from my friend the Grumble Fish.

www.bombshelter.ca