Guitar shop/music store in Taipei

Tony’s Music is decent.
They’ve got a website. I think AWOL knows it.

Edit: Here you go http://www.atbmusic.com/

or you could order one from these guys…

http://www.warmoth.com

imagine your dream guitar, then get these guys to build it… fantastic quality, awesome woods and finishes and they ship to Taiwan…

(not affiliated blah blah blah)

Great, I’ll check out Tony’s this weekend, I only play a gig once every 2 weeks so don’t want to invest to much into a new one. Hope he has some good deals.

You can definitely haggle at Tony’s. Keep asking whoever you talk to what the cheapest deal is that can possibly give you for the guitar that you like. Tell them you don’t have that much cash, etc. They’ll bring the price down a fair bit if you push. They’ll try to give you free stuff instead (like strings, picks, etc.) but if you push it, they’ll give you a discount instead.

Good luck. At the very least, they have a good selection to choose from.

Their second-hand pedals are a joke though.

Ya done me good!!!

I’ll tell you what, now that place is a Guitar shop. Nothing like these down here in Taoyuan that have maybe 10 or 12 guitars to choose from. I spent about 3 hours there looking, touching, playing and having a blast.

Ended up with a Squire Strat at an awesome price. Probably not the perfect guitar for country music but I’ll get it to work. Beside, I’ve been known to sneak in a rock song here and there. I’ll still be playing the acoustic though until I get the settings figured out for my songs.

Again, thanks irishstu and to everyone out there… Tony’s rocks!!!

[quote=“Proto_tw”]Ya done me good!!!

I’ll tell you what, now that place is a Guitar shop. Nothing like these down here in Taoyuan that have maybe 10 or 12 guitars to choose from. I spent about 3 hours there looking, touching, playing and having a blast.

Ended up with a Squire Strat at an awesome price. Probably not the perfect guitar for country music but I’ll get it to work. Beside, I’ve been known to sneak in a rock song here and there. I’ll still be playing the acoustic though until I get the settings figured out for my songs.

Again, thanks irishstu and to everyone out there… Tony’s rocks!!![/quote]

Cool man! Glad to help and thanks for the feedback.
Let us know if you ever play in Taipei, OK?

Will do… Right now I’m just doing volenteer every other Sunday at the mall in Chung-li… And now with the new Strat and Micro Cube it’s gonna take me some time to get the sound down.

I paid 42500NT for an American Deluxe strat (alder body, amber finish) and a roland MicroCube amp at Tony’s. Some guys at Guitar Center in the USA paid more for their strats…

Could someone post he address for Tony’s. My computer doesn’t show Chinese characters. Thanks

Any idea where I could sell a guitar other than Forumosafieds? Or else, somebody please buy it. Thanks! :wink:

What kind of guitar? Details?

Fina acoustic. Blue color, steel strings.
Few months old, hardly ever used.
Must sell, unfortunately.
Comes with bag, extra strings, shoulder strap.
NT$3,000 would make me happy but I’m happy to receive offers.

Ayaba, wish I could help you out. I had my wife contact them. You can call them, they speak english. I know it’s off the Brown line heading towards the Zoo.

Balazs, I know one person who’s looking for an acoustic but not sure if he’d go for a Fina. I’ll ask and get back to ya.

You could ALSO try selling it on TEALIT.com.

Hey ayaba.
Here’s a map from Tony’s site:

Should be enough info to help you find the shop, especially with those two MRT stations as reference.

thanks for the info irishstu

No probs. It’s the building marked ATB, by the way (in case you or anyone else might not realise).

interesting shop i pass by once in a while, on chaozhou at corner with hangzhou, quite a few acoustic guitars up on wall.

Looking for a store in taipei that sells good acoustic guitars besides tony’s. looking for a taylor, martin or anything well made.

tonys is pretty much it. another option is wait til you next go to hong kong. martins are quite cheap there