Gutter oil

• peanuts (alflatoxin)
  • soya sauce (chemical process)

Just so people understand about tea aswell, if they just add something like 1% Taiwan grown tea to imported tea they can claim it is made in Taiwan. Not a food scandal but a scandal nevertheless.

I’m at the office thinking is I could convert so clueless idiot into gutter oil…

Anyone have any vomit inducing pics of the Gutter oil slicks like from the OP?

I want to see evidence so I can remind myself never to eat anything fried or processed (other than my own import olive oil cooking) ever again…

exactly!

their superior attitude to chinese is really hard to stomach when things like this happen. whats the difference? its the same thing. if taiwanese really had any pride about their identity, being more developed less corrupt and polite than chinese they would find this companys factory, burn it to the ground and have a public stoning of the owners in the street. but what are they doing? cracking jokes about it. i’ve lost respect big time for taiwanese over this.

I’ve read a couple articles lately about fatbergs showing up in sewer systems around the world. After reading about this gutter oi business I can’t help but think that the mainland Chinese would probably see this as an opportunity and start squeezing these things for oil! If you don’t know what a fatberg is, read here:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatberg

It is essentially a lump of congealed fat/oil that people have flushed that has combined with those “disposable” wet wipes.

[quote=“gavmasterflash”]I’ve read a couple articles lately about fatbergs showing up in sewer systems around the world. After reading about this gutter oi business I can’t help but think that the mainland Chinese would probably see this as an opportunity and start squeezing these things for oil! If you don’t know what a fatberg is, read here:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatberg

It is essentially a lump of congealed fat/oil that people have flushed that has combined with those “disposable” wet wipes.[/quote]

Wow. Wow. I really didn’t need to know that. :laughing:

exactly!

their superior attitude to chinese is really hard to stomach when things like this happen. whats the difference? its the same thing. if taiwanese really had any pride about their identity, being more developed less corrupt and polite than chinese they would find this companys factory, burn it to the ground and have a public stoning of the owners in the street. but what are they doing? cracking jokes about it. I’ve lost respect big time for taiwanese over this.[/quote]

Yea, nothing like a bit of mob justice to show how civilised you are! Bring on the lynchings!

exactly!

their superior attitude to chinese is really hard to stomach when things like this happen. whats the difference? its the same thing. if taiwanese really had any pride about their identity, being more developed less corrupt and polite than chinese they would find this companys factory, burn it to the ground and have a public stoning of the owners in the street. but what are they doing? cracking jokes about it. I’ve lost respect big time for taiwanese over this.[/quote]

Yea, nothing like a bit of mob justice to show how civilised you are! Bring on the lynchings![/quote]

Are you an exec at weichuan?

The judge should have ordered the guy to eat his own products.
In fact, everyone involved in producing this oil should be forced to eat deep fried foods cooked in the oil.

The FDA released a list of 235 companies affected by the oil scandal. Does anybody know where to get this list?

Here’s the link to the FDA website page (Chinese)

fda.gov.tw/tc/newsContent.as … AqRL2OaziM

The entire updated list in Chinese is located on the last link on that page labelled - 強冠下游廠商明細-給各縣市(103090510更新)

exactly!

Yea, nothing like a bit of mob justice to show how civilised you are! Bring on the lynchings![/quote]

Are you an exec at weichuan?[/quote]

Opps, I’ve been rumbled.

頂新(the owner of taipei 101) owns 味全 (weichuan). They are the scum of Taiwan.

They became rich by selling this brand of instant noodles in China, since 1992. Gross.

If you need to buy food in Taiwan, please buy IMEI. Otherwise eat at your own risk.

foodssafety.com/Index.aspx
facebook.com/imeifoods
imeifoods.com.tw/English/abimei_group.html
imeifoods.com.tw

[quote=“sofun”]頂新(the owner of taipei 101) owns 味全 (weichuan). They are the scum of Taiwan.

They became rich by selling this brand of instant noodles in China, since 1992. Gross.[/quote]

damn, maybe we should spare it and not burn it down. its a cool building. just loot it!!! and find the owners office, smash up the the place with lead pipes and then handcuff the owner dude to his desk while forcefeeding him some poop covered gutter oil straight from the sewers, from one of those poop ice bergs floating down the sewer or whatever it was. justice needs to be dealt!

I seem to remember several threads where people claimed that eating out was cheaper than home cooked meals. There’s a reason for that. You get what you pay for.

This is truly despicable though. I hope all bank accounts for everyone involved in this are frozen and not frozen until the massive fines (they better be massive) are collected. And significant jail time is handed out.

the food industry has been doing this for years. They employ gangsters to collect the “raw materials”. Gangster are needed because they know how to deal with food safety inspectors.

Gangsters are expensive, and only the food industry is able to trickle enough money down to the gangsters. Has the food industry corrupted the government and bureaucracy? Are they powerful politically? absolutely.

By the way you DO NOT want to eat this. A billion-dollar company would of course use the cheapest gutter oil. It’s confirmed.

You don’t want to eat stuff simply because it’s on the shelf. It’s not what you think it is. For example the following instant noodles contain gutter oil.

It’s no wonder my health started to get worse when I moved to Taiwan…
Those fat pigs ought to eat their own filth till they puke their guts out.