Halal meat in Taiwan

Hi peeps

I know the main religion in Taiwan is Budhism. However I just wanted to know whether or not meat which can be consumed by Muslims i.e. Halal is available in Taipei? If so could you list the address, would be much appreciated…the thought of being a vegetarian for a year seems near impossible.

I’ll be in I-lan but I doubt it’ll be available there so Taipei is my best bet. Lols I know this is a random thread but I guess I just love my food.

Hi british_desi, and welcome to Forumosa! :slight_smile: I’m not aware of any Halal outlets myself, but I do recall other posters mentioning this in the past, so I recommend you try searching for the word ‘halal’ using Forumosa’s search function; try limiting the area searched to the Food Forum for one search, and to the Restaurants section for another search, and you’ll have less flotsam to wade through that way.

The Taipei Grand Mosque has a list of Halal restaurants in the Taipei area and Halal meat providers.

The only one I’ve seen (driven past) is the one on Heping East Road, somewhere on the lower part of the section of the road of in the map link below.
maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= … 8&t=h&z=19

I happen to have a pack of Chinese beef jerky given to me by a friend. It is from a Halal beef store. Here is the address information on the package:

國際牛肉店
Guo Ji Beef Store
台北市和平東路一段14號
14, Sec 1, Heping East Road
(02)2363-6451/2363-0018/2363-1293

Lots of Egyptian and Pakistani restaurants, but I don’t know about butchers.

I know of a few restaurants that serve halal food: Kunming being a notable one (in an alley near Fuxing/Nanjing Rds in Taipei). Very good Indian food there.

Thank you everyone for replying. I appreciate that. I’ll defo check the recommendations out.

Can’t believe I’ll be there in 2 weeks, yikes!

Bring some warm clothes then, as it’s fairly cold here right now and Yilan will be even colder than Taipei.

Thanks I will do :slight_smile:
Btw when will it get warmer there, as I was most looking forward to enjoy the beaches

Trust me it’s still warmer than the UK.

It starts getting warm (mid 20’s) in about March/April

Sure, it’s warmer than the UK, outside…
But when it’s 8 degrees at night and no heating inside…
It can get really cold here. Thanks god for the new AC units we got with heating, that’s all I can say…

Finally got around to checking out the Halal butcher.
They don’t have tons of choice, at least not when I was there, but the quality was good and I got something a bit special there (no, I’m not sharing what I bought) and the price on what I bought at least was very good.
I’ll be heading back next weekend to pick up some other cuts of meat.

I know that there is a mosque in Taipei, as well as a population of Indonesian guest workers, so I am assuming that there should be at least one somewhere in Taipei proper.

If not kosher food will do in a hurry.

See this thread:
[Forumosa - Taiwan's largest and most active Taiwan-oriented global online community in English … al#p946465](Halal meat in Taiwan

There used to be a halal butcher near Guting Station, as the thread mentions; it’s probably still there.

[color=#008000]Mod note: This thread has been merged with the above linked one. --DB[/color]

Persian Heaven Halal restaurant is great (at least it was up until 3 years ago. I can’t vouch for now)
persianheaven.com.tw/

If you don’t find a direct butcher, perhaps you can ask the owner where he gets his meat? He’s very friendly and I’m sure he would help.

Yes, the butcher is still there, got some veal chops there today and I regularly get beef liver there.

Dear friends,

If anyone needs “Halal Foods” in Taiwan, then go through with this blog. No matter where are you in Taiwan, they also provide home delivery. You can find Beef/Chicken/Goat/Lamb all are halal foods dishes. Please go through with this website: taiwanhalalfoods.blogspot.tw/

This is 100% Halal, I do buy from them, the foods are really delicious. I hope it will help you.