:izakaya_lantern::dog::earth_asia::izakaya_lantern:
:izakaya_lantern::earth_americas::dog::izakaya_lantern:
:izakaya_lantern::izakaya_lantern::izakaya_lantern::izakaya_lantern:
:fireworks: 吉慶有餘 :fireworks:

5 Likes

Pictures I took at 南投縣農工商會展中心.

PANO_20180216_183353%20

3 Likes

I was born in the year of the dog. But 1982, so about 3 dogs ago.

I heard once that each cycle of animals also has its own elemental nature. For example, I know water is one, as my Dad born in ‘48 is the year of the water rat. I think fire may be another one of the elements, and maybe there’s 4 elements all together? So while the animals repeat every 12 years, animals with specific elements only repeat every 48. Does anyone have more info about this elemental calendar. Or know what element this year’s dog is? Or do I have all this info completely wrong?

Has your wife already told you to do the light at the temple thingies? This is special for you, as it is your year.

No, I’ll ask her about it.

Dai sui or something like that. If this is your year, it is a necessary ceremony.

1 Like

There are five elements! Haven’t you ever seen a Luc Besson film?! :no_no:

I’ve seen The Professional

Don’t tell me the 5 elements are the same as the ones in Captain Planet :expressionless:

Anyway what element is this year’s dog then?

At the risk of stating the obvious… it’s in the title of the thread. :doh:

Oh man… :disappointed: This will take a zodiac cycle to live down. :man_facepalming:

And that’s not all!

Don’t tell me the 5 elements are the same as the ones in Captain Planet

You mean the four Empedoclean elements and “heart”, right? :earth_africa: :potable_water: :fire: :tornado: :heart:

Well, in the Chinese tradition is the central element, and what could be more central than heart? :heart_eyes:

Happy Heart Dog Year, Drew! :heart: :dog: :four_leaf_clover: :grinning:

1 Like

20180218_165640

Happy Year of the Dog from Bobby

1 Like