Has someone here ever lived in Dubai?

I saw lots of work advertisements online, many foreign companies there and I am thinking about applying. I wonder if someone here know about the city and can share something.

What do you want to know? I had a friend who worked there for several years, and we layed over a few times going to/from Europe.

Lots of malls & shopping, some good beaches (in the winter), blazing infernal summer heat that keeps everyone inside.
Oodles of ex-pats, with food & bars to suit.
Bad driving, plenty of ostentatious wealth, and on the flip side thousands of migrant workers in terrible conditions, plus a thriving whore scene.

I wouldn’t like to do any time there, unless the $$$ was really worth it.

[quote=“Nuit”]What do you want to know? I had a friend who worked there for several years, and we layed over a few times going to/from Europe.

Lots of malls & shopping, some good beaches (in the winter), blazing infernal summer heat that keeps everyone inside.
Oodles of ex-pats, with food & bars to suit.
Bad driving, plenty of ostentatious wealth, and on the flip side thousands of migrant workers in terrible conditions, plus a thriving whore scene.

I wouldn’t like to do any time there, unless the $$$ was really worth it.[/quote]

Thank you! I am going to finish school and leave the island so I am hunting for a starting point. There are lots of job advertisements for Dubai city, and I just wanted a general idea of the place.

OK, i found a good website about the issue:

expatarrivals.com/dubai/moving-to-dubai

Don’t have sex on the beach there, unless its the cocktail.