HDTV choices 2017 (Heran : Carrefour)

I would like to ask your opinion on the Heran.

I am planning to buy a 【HERAN 禾聯】HD TV with 3 years of warranty. Heran is cheap, which is the point I am going for it. I need a large TV so that kids can play games together on console local multiplayer.

The model I am looking for is
HERAN 65吋數位LED數位液晶顯示器《HF-65DA2.
The price at the Carrefour is around 33000.

Or I might go for 50 inch one for 12000, since the price difference is huge.

Any suggestion?

For reference, there was at least a thread in the older forum. reference http://forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=84777&sid=575516d9bf1d3ccdaa7c3f48cd84bea3

For 33,000 you can get a much better big brand TV, a friend bought a HERAN some years ago and absolutely regretted it as it was repaired so many times, he could hardly wait for the warranty to run out so he could chuck it.

On another note, 65" is &^%$ing enormous. I bought a 47" LG about 5 years ago and himmed and hawed as it looked small in the store, it looked enormous when I got it home and was almost too big for the TV cabinet I had at the time. Take some measurements, particularly how far away from the TV you will be able to sit.

I am glad I did not pick up Heran considering your friend’s experiences.

In the end, I settled in to buy a 55 inch tv in Carrefour, “Proton” UHD PLD-556KH2. They told the Proton (OEM for Carrefour?) was the only model which was purely made in Taiwan, the componetns and the assembling.

I was planning to use the TV for quarter split local coop gaming for Switch and 55 inch seems to be good size for the purpose.

When I was a kid Proton had a good reputation for making high quality TVs. That was back in the 80’s though so ymmv.

1 Like