Head Light Level Control, what setting? Toyota Wish

What the heck is this? A headlight level control? Zero to Five. Which setting is the best angle for everyday use? Why switch it?

This is a new feature. In the states, I still have flashbacks as a kid where we spent all day running back and forth between the car dealer and the inspection station because the angle of the headlights was just wrong and the dealer just could not get it right.

I thought such a thing would be set by the government. OK, what’s the best setting for everyday driving and why would I want to switch it.

The dial allows you to adjust the level of your headlights downwards in the event of carrying heavy loads or towing something which causes the rear of the car to be lower than normal, thus causing the headlights to aim higher than normal. Assuming the lights are correctly adjusted then you should typically use “0” for a low to moderately loaded vehicle.

You sure about that? Every european car that I drove had this feature, let it be from 1993 or 2010.

Anyway, 0 should be default setting for 1/2 people sitting at front, and it should change respectively if you add more load at the back - to be sure check in your manual book.

Or just leave it at 0 regardless of circumstances, as 99% drivers do (and most of them are even not aware of such dial in their car!).