Health insurance

Can anyone recommend some good health insurance for expats here in Taiwan. I have searched the net far and wide but all the companies seem to offer pretty much the same thing.

Is there a company you know of which offers above par service or a company that you have used and would vouch for?

Thanks,

Adam.

Cannot vouch for it as I was never in need of actually using their service, but check out www.ihi.com. Is that what you are looking for…?

When you say health insurance for expats what do you mean? Do you mean a policy that covers such things as emergency repatriation costs and health care in the ‘home’ country? Or do you just need some extra cover here such as compensation for loss of earnings, daily hospitalization allowance etc? I have the latter, from a local company, arranged by my boss. If you like I’ll find out which company.

What I am after is insurance which covers people not actually living in their own country for hospital costs emergency medical treatment. For example, if I have a bike disaster or I am suddenly in need of an emergency operation, I’d like to be covered for decent healthcare here in Taiwan.

I know that even with a health card here in Taiwan, medical costs can still be expensive if operations are needed. I guess I’m looking for the latter with the added cover for nasty injuries. I don’t need emergency repatriation:

[quote]Or do you just need some extra cover here such as compensation for loss of earnings, daily hospitalization allowance etc? I have the latter, from a local company, arranged by my boss. If you like I’ll find out which company.

[/quote]

If you could go to the trouble, that would be nice,

Thanks also Mesheel.