Help about Visa Run to Okinawa

Can someone tell me where I go in Okinawa for a Visa run?
Is it better to go there than to Hong Kong for a longer Visa, multiple entry
?
How much time do I need there?
Is the office far from the airport?

I need to know right away.

can8692@hotmail.com

This question has been asked over and over again. Please do a search.

Juba, the Oriented archives have been erased from the web. Doing a search on Okinawa in the Overstay Problems/ROC Passport Issues forums turned up nada - none of the answers to canadianintainan’s questions are presently on Forumosa, as far as I can see. So why don’t you try answering him instead of being rude?

As you seem to know where to find these posts, maybe you could compile them into a FAQ sometime when you have time.

I wasn’t being rude. I was just letting our Canadian friend know where the info is. Just search for Okinawa and plenty of info comes up. It is usually more useful to “search posts” rather that to “search topics”, and to “search for all terms” if you include more than one word, e.g. Okinawa visa office. Try also a search for Star Cruises. Hone your search techniques a little and “bingo” - there is the information. There are about 6 or 7 threads on this topic. One day when I attain moderatorship I can merge them.

The address of the Taiwan office in Okinawa is given on this page - but only in Japanese. Here it is in English: Taiwan Consulate, 3-21-1 Kumoji, Naha City, Okinawa, Japan 900-0015. Tel: (098) 862-7008

this pageBy the way, if anyone is wondering why I have been so quiet recently, it’s because I have been away from Taiwan for over a month, in Hong Kong and mainland China.

I have searched for information on Visa runs to Okinawa but most of the information is quite old. Juba, ths BOCA link no longer works (not a surpise :wink:). Also, the address that I did I manage to get from the BOCA is different from the one you quoted.

[quote=“BOCA”]Naha Branch, Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Office in Japan
6F, Alte Building, 3-15-9 Kumoji, Naha City, Okinawa 900-0015 Japan[/quote]

Does anyone know if this is the correct address?

Cheers

Roach

I don’t know if it’s correct, but it’s the same one I saw on this page of the BOCA site.

Here’s the info from the page:

[quote]Japan - Ryukyu, Naha Branch
Japan - Ryukyu, Naha Branch Area Asia
Address: Naha Branch, Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Office in Japan
6F, Alte Building, 3-15-9 Kumoji, Naha City, Okinawa
900-0015 Japan
Phone (002-81-98) 8627008
Fax (002-81-98) 8616536
Emergency TEL Cellular: (002-81-90) 19421107
In Japan:090-19421107
Service Hour Monday ~ Friday
09:00~12:00 (Collection time)
13:00~16:30
09:30~12:00 (pick up time)
13:00~17:30 [/quote]

The same address is also on this page on the MOFA site. About halfway down the MOFA page, there’s also a link to what looks like a little map of the area of the Okinawa TECRO office. Here’s the map.

1 Like

Thanks Charlie,

The web page is a completely different page from the one I looked at but the address is the same. The map is a serious plus, thanks for that.

My only problem now is getting a flight out of Taiwan during the Tomb Sweeping Holiday week. This is proving surprisingly troublesome… :s

Cheers,

Roach

You’re welcome, and I hope you’ll be able to get over there and back okay and get your visa processed without too big of a hassle. I’ve been lucky with visas so far, but I still get nervous around renewal time.

1 Like