Help find - youtube video seen in taxi

Need the help of music lovers in the forum to find a YouTube music clip I saw while in the back of a taxi going from the airport to hotel in Taipei. Only problem is that I have limited info to share as the volume was quite low and I was pretty tired at the time.
What I can recall:

1. Female solo singer wearing a red dress and the clip was recorded in what looked like a studio with her sitting on a chair and a microphone in front of her
  2. At least the chorus was in English while the rest of the song seemed to be possibly mandarin
  3. During the chorus she made various symbols with her hands like love hearts etc (it was a up beat love song)
  4. At end of song she started talking so this is why I think it was recorded in a studio
  5. Seemed like a live recording rather than being staged

Anyway, I know it’s only limited info but any help is appreciated

Taxi’s don’t usually show Youtube clips. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Youtube clip in a taxi. They usually show live TV shows or maybe some recorded TV shows. Could be Chinese or Korean which is popular (which I’m leaning towards since we don’t if it was mandarin), or Canto-pop, or something else.

• Was the female singer young or old?
  • Did you catch any of the english words?
  • Was is a conservative style or sexy style video?
  • Up beat love song new style like electronic music or old style more acoustic with instruments?

@hansioux

…you’re up

Dont know the answer but reminds me of ex saying she got in a cab in Taipei and she asked the cabbie to put on some music. He replied “do you want to sing or should I sing because I don’t have a radio” . Must be the only cab in Taiwan without a radio/music player.

A girl in a red dress sitting in a chair singing a foreign language with some English words and making hand signs describes quite a few video out there.

Try searching Google for “Female Singer in Taiwan” and you should see a row of photos at the top. Scroll right to see more - presumably, these are the most current and popular singers at the moment. Let us know if you recognize the singer there

https://www.google.com.tw/search?q=female+singer+in+taiwan

1 Like

I don’t recall any recent MVs that fit the description, but from the sound of it, it could be from one of those music competition shows in China, e.g. I’m a Singer, where many Taiwanese singers guest star in episodes.

Otherwise it’s probably an older song because these days music industry ain’t doing too well, so if they want to release an album, they’d go all out. Therefore you won’t get many music videos with just the live recording of a performance.

When @hansioux says it’s probably not a music video…it’s probably not a music video.

OP, this is why…