Help Me Downvote This Vid Into Oblivion

Hey guys, I just saw this vid which teaches kids Taiwan is part of the PRC :frowning: so I thought I´d ask for help to downvote it into oblivion! Let´s take advantage of the fact that we do have free internet access in Taiwan and most of our home countries!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MObkIsrpDEU

1 Like

Done, 'cause this is beyond awful.

I am Taiwan
My capital’s Taipei
I was claimed by China But the Taiwanese control me!

done but looks like a losing battle.

That thing is insidious. Soft power by people with soft brains.

Done. I hope this goes viral among locals and they downvote it to oblivion. Pretty effed up video.

Is that company which produced this owned by China?

I understand the CCP has to say Taiwan is part of China. But here’s what always confused me. Normal people, especially Chinese people insist that it is. I don’t understand what they have to gain by keep saying it is, it’s not like saying it makes it true no matter how many times you say it. I mean, I would think any rational person would see that it’s really not due to the fact that Taiwan operates completely independent of China. I get that government have to kinda say it is awkwardly even though they do interact with Taiwan like a country. What does the average Chinese citizen have to gain by insisting it is. After a while it’s like shut up and come take the island then.

1 Like

Good god, that video is terrible.

Guy

Ugh. But, it’s aimed at children, I assume, so the brain-melting repetition is understandable. As for the politics, “I was claimed by China, but the Taiwanese control me” isn’t that what’s happening here? The PRC may claim that Taiwan is theirs, but the reality is that Taiwan is controlling itself. I downvoted it on principle, though.

I had lots of Chinese and Taiwanese friends back in the states before I moved here and there were many Chinese New Year parties where this was a heated topic. The Chinese government does not allow any history textbook to mention the THE TREATY OF SHIMONOSEKI which gave Formosa to Japan after the first Sino-Japanese war.

1 Like

Yeah but, they never had Taiwan to begin with. China never gave a fuck about Taiwan and there are documentary records showing this. The Han settlers who came here came to escape China’s clutches.

1 Like

I never suggested China had any claims to Taiwan, I was just explaining the historical facts. There is a good section in the movie “The Making of the Republic” which shows this part of history.

After WW-II Japan had to vacate all its colonies, Taiwan being one of them but apparently the Allied forces saw no need to retain Taiwan to it went to CKS and his KMT army.

Done. But I don’t think downvoted videos disappear. OTOH, we visit them when voting…

I just noticed that none of our comments on that video are visible unless I log in to my YouTube account. Then, if I log in, my comment is visible, but nobody else’s are. Are our comments being shadow banned?

I reported the video as “misleading”. Maybe others could also do that. I also pointed out that they mispronounce many or most of the place names, which is also misinformation.

3 Likes

They did a similar job on Ireland. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7PvLeluI9g

Company? It looks (and sounds) like a sole proprietorship. If you really want to torture yourself, check out the playlist. He seems to be aiming for one video for every country in the world… and all in that style. :confounded:

The Chinese government is willing to spend a little more than whatever that one cost, as you can see from the example below. (CGTN is the former CCTV International.)

You are saying this because you were educated on this matter differently compare to Mainland Chinese.

If you are brought up in the Mainland then it is quite likely your opinion will flip.

Source: My middle school was in PRC

They’re brainwashed their entire lives.

When I first got to Taiwan I stayed in a hostel for a few days and the only other guy there was from China who was studying in the south but on vacation in Taipei. He was nice enough, but then he asked if I had ever been to China. I said no, just Taiwan, to which he replied, “Well, Taiwan is part of China.” Didn’t bother arguing with him.

They do it abroad too; my ex would meet Chinese students in Canada and before long they were in a debate about Taiwan being part of China.

1 Like

totally true. almost on que if taiwan is mentioned to a chinese person they will say ‘taiwan is part of /belongs to china’ very anti social behaviour!

1 Like