Help! Skin Rash!

i have some crazy skin rash, red small circular blotches all over my upper and middle body, they all surfaced when I foolshly scratched a bunch, anyway, any idea where I can find a dermatologist or other skin treatment facility? i don’t have a health card so I don’t want to be bankrupted here but it does suck alot :frowning:
help!

Erh…in a hospital???

[quote=“JBaroh”]I have some crazy skin rash, red small circular blotches all over my upper and middle body, they all surfaced when I foolshly scratched a bunch, anyway, any idea where I can find a dermatologist or other skin treatment facility? I don’t have a health card so I don’t want to be bankrupted here but it does suck alot :frowning:
help![/quote]

Hospitals here will not bankrupt you if you don’t have a NHI card. Ask a local friend to call and register you for an appointment with the dermatologist at a local hospital. You’ll have to find the right dept. and wait until your number is called. If you are just a little bit patient, you’ll find that service is quite good.

You can also look into changing your detergent. There are also a number of medical supply stores that sell Galderma for skin problems. Finally, if you know a pharmacist in your area, give him a try. He may have exactly what you need (has worked for me many times, but I have a good pharmacist).

How can I communicate that I want an anti-histamine like Benadryl?

Walk into your local pharmacy and say “do you have Benadryl?” English is fine at most pharmacies.

My dictionary says 抗組織胺 kang4 zu3 zhi1 an1, so you could print this and show a pharmacist; although I don’t recognize this term and neither does a Taiwanese person next to me now, a Google of the term does turn up many instances, translated as anti-histamine. The same pages show the name Benadryl, so you can probably just write that down for any pharmacist, and they should have it. Good luck!

The best dermatologist I have experienced in Taiwan is in Taipei’s ShihDa Rd. (師大路). His name is Dr. Huang. Click here for details: click me. Note: You have to register in advance and waiting time is usually very long. Don’t be surprised if he asks you to come at 23:00h or even later. :astonished:

Other recommendations you can find here: click me. Dr. Huang is ranked 2nd best. The no. 1 I don’t know [yet].

Hope that helps.

I checked the links and only lead me to yahoo hahahaha can you give me an address please? I really need to see him!

77 Shida Road. I think it’s the son now though. If you want something more private and slow paced (and it’s not too far out of your way) Dr. Lu in Cheng Hsin Hospital in Shipai is good.

There’s also a good dermatologist on Xinyi road, catty corner northwest of Daan Forest Park. No long waits.

Dermatology
William W. Lo, M.D.
Education/Credentials
M.D. National Yang Ming Medical College
American Academy of Dermatology
Private Clinic
2F #2, Lane 14, Chung Shan North Rd., Sec. 7, Tienmu
Appointments: 2874-3223

This doctor is suggested on AIT site https://acs.ait.org.tw/medical-info.html

Does anyone here have experience with him?

Actually, I left Taiwan 7 years ago, though do not think it is the son, as Dr. Huang’s family reportedly died in an accident (fire) many years ago. Also, he was not that old when I was his patient.

The address is No. 75 Rd, Lane 92, Shida Road, Da’an District, Taipei City, Taiwan 106