High court sentences Canadian to five years for drugs

taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003376306

I wonder what happened to the Brit?
Sounds like he got off easy with 5 years, but that’s still a looong time to think about his mistake.

God, if we’re not sneaking beer into Carnegies were smuggling pot through customs. :unamused:

less then a month of teaching engrish wouldve gotten him 1500 dollars american anyway

. . or running and shrieking your love for Ah Bian through the airport. :laughing:

Pissy amount of coin for five yearsin the nick. That US$1,500 isn’t even going to cover his cigarettes for five years.

But what a crap article. It mentions the court gave him ten years, then says the minimum sentence is 10-15 years and ends with him getting leniency and 5 years.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]. . or running and shrieking your love for Ah Bian through the airport. :laughing:

Pissy amount of coin for five yearsin the nick. That US$1,500 isn’t even going to cover his cigarettes for five years.

But what a crap article. It mentions the court gave him ten years, then says the minimum sentence is 10-15 years and ends with him getting leniency and 5 years.

HG[/quote]

the importance of “pie say” expressed . 5 years means he will be let out in bout 2 or 3 .

All for a lousy $1500. What an idiot.

Very poorly written article indeed.
Does Robertsen Kory David live on Taiwan?
If so, does anyone know what is his occupation?

And ‘Briton Michael Richardson’, is that his name or is he someone from Britain?

Does he live on Taiwan? Again, if so, what is his business here? Is the Taiwan legal system, such as it is, looking at him?

Very poor writing.

I’m sorry, I fail to see what the fuck his nationality has to do with this. Fucktards come from all countries, as the starting of this thread proves.

No no, TC, it’s not poor writing, it’s “what they said.” That’s what I was told when I suggested they either spike the story or complete it. But hey, it’s chabuduo, so that’s plenty, isn’t it?
If I was Richardson and I lived here and hadn’t been charged with anything, I’d be looking to sue somebody for libel.
The grunts at CNA simply couldn’t understand that there was anything at all wrong with the story.

Sandy -
No reflection on you. You can only work with what you’re given.
As previously determined - “F*ck it…its close enough”

I dunno TC, I reckon in this instance some of that liquid bowel chutney found it’s way on the page.

Ease up Sandman! :laughing:

HG

Is that his name as it appears in his passport?
Would his name actually be Kory David Robertsen?

I bet that one’s from the courts, which is rather kindly if you think about it, because after his protracted Chinese and Taiwanese language lessons in incarceration, Mr Robertson may want to come back one day, in which case, a quick scan at the airport will likley reveal, “nope, no Kory Robertsen on our list, We do have a Robertsen Kory, but they’re clearly not the same people.”

HG

Canadians often get a bit of a beating on forumosa. Kinda having a bad rep. Thats why I said “canadian again”

Of course all nations have vast numbers of misfits and what not. Probably in equal numbers.

I’m sorry, I fail to see what the fuck his nationality has to do with this. Fucktards come from all countries, as the starting of this thread proves.[/quote]

No doubt.
Sadly, however, too many canuckleheads get caught up in hare-brained smuggling schemes. It’s no wonder we can’t even defend our own borders, however inflatedly artifical those constructs may be.
:canada: :eh: :ponder: :neutral: :scooby:

The China Post article has the dude as David Kory Robertson.

Not the online version. They have him as Korky :bravo:
Or maybe it’s his new prison nickname.

“David Korky Robertsen, 30, was arrested in April 2006 …”
http://www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/2007/08/28/120135/Canadian-man.htm

I’m sorry, I fail to see what the fuck his nationality has to do with this. Fucktards come from all countries, as the starting of this thread proves.[/quote]
I have utilized my awesome modpower and clarified the title.

Rage on!