Hillary Clinton Used Personal Email at State Dept., Possibly Breaking Rules

Yeah, it’s not pragmatic and anti-stupid. :slight_smile:

Still waiting for your history lecture though, Lord of the Wasps…

There’s so much lousy performance on his watch, with terrorist attacks going on after having been interviewed by the FBI and dismissed. Dismissing valid evidence in the Hillary email case for in immunity deals. He sucked up to whoever his boss was instead of objectively pursuing the right goals. He was politically smart to the detriment of his job performance, which is exactly the kind of behavior and swamp that needs to be drained out.

FBI Director Gowdy: make it happen.

As a side note it’s finally dawned on me why Democrats are so convinced the Russians stoled the election. What do they know that I don’t know?

The “proof”, of course, is that Clinton II lost. That could only have happened if the Russians stoled the election. No further evidence is necessary.

Likewise with the current brouhaha. Of course the Trump administration and the Russians colluded. The only way Trump could have won is if the Russians interfered in the electoral process so no further evidence is necessary. Case closed.

The FBI will have to go thru the motions of conducting an investigation but the conclusion is foregone because the evidence is already there in plain sight. There will be some obligatory citations of secret, slam dunk evidence and dossiers from curveballs to satisfy the purists but in the end Trump will swing at the end of a rope. After all, you can’t fight city hall, even if you do live in Trump Tower.

I was recently out with some Trump-hating friends and they were spouting conspiracy theories. They figure he’s not coming out with the tax returns because they’d show he owes Putin money.

Of course there’s no way to prove that false. Or true. But that doesn’t matter. It’s emotionally satisfying.

Pontius Pilate said it best: what is truth? We’ve been living in a post-truth world for many years now. Truthiness shall set you free,

What was the evidence that Saddam had WMD? He sure acted like he was hiding something. It seemed a reasonable explanation for the games he was playing with the inspectors. And now…

Say, did we ever see Il Douche’s college transcripts?

And of course when Bubbette uses a private email server it’s just that she doesn’t understand, er, something.

Double standards are a symptom of motivated reasoning. Me, I say The Donald is no more dishonest than the rest of them. Which is still plenty dishonest. But oh, the hypocrisy of his critics.

Forget the college transcripts. Ask for his medical records. Otherwise, how can you know he wasn’t a crackwhore?

Now about your Anglo-Saxon supremacy theory…

It’s been driving me crazy trying to figure out why almost everybody else knew the truth about Trump and the Russians but me and a few Trump supporters. Now that I finally know the answer I feel much better.

It was the same thing with Saddam and weapons of mass destruction. No matter how many times I asked why everyone else was so sure he had a massive weapons of mass destruction stockpile I never got an answer that made any sense. Not enough sense to launch a war over anyway. When it finally became clear that the answer was “because of bad intelligence” I felt much, much better.

1 Like

Don’t agree. Trump and his team either collided with the Russians or didnt. That’s what the FBI is investigating to get to the bottom of it. They are trying to get to the truth.
The facts.
If Trump and his team are proven to have been colluding…jail time and/or out on their asses!

It doesn’t matter if Trump won or not, electoral fraud is a crime. Colluding with the enemy to pervert American elections is a crime.

That’s why General Michael Flynn was looking for immunity. The FBI know what he was up to and now they are going after the other links in the chain.

The heat is turning up on Trump gradually. Comey’s request to the Deputy Attorney General for more resources was the last straw for Trump. He’s pretty desperate to fire him because it’s blatantly obvious what he’s up to i.e. make the investigation go away.

The explanation that this was because of his mishandling of Clinton’s email investigation is absolutely preposterous coming from Trump. Remember Comey was approved in January by Trump.

All the rest is just some psychobabble. You don’t even talk about any of the facts of the investigation.

You’re not trying to claim Trump or his associates had knowledge of the DNC or John Podesta email hacking are you? Even connecting the Russian government to the hack takes a leap of faith.

The FBI is investigating that. They should be allowed to get to the bottom of it. There are a lot of things pointing that way, now they need to establish the facts of the matter and see if there is incriminating evidence or if somebody will testify to what actually happened. There’s no need to take ‘a leap of faith’. Establish the FACTS.

US politics is hopelessly partisan if republicans screamed blue murder about clintons email server security but can’t understand that this is a much bigger issue!

Don’t give me this post truth Bullshit! I’m not American so I don’t really care too much if you elect who you elect (as long as they don’t screw up the whole world) but I hate bullshit.

Well I agree the DNC hack and John Podestas’ emails is serious stuff. Same guys went right on to hack the French candidate Macron.

But unless I missed something, we don’t know who they are. Yes there are clues, such as the list of hacked victims aligning almost exactly with Russian interests.

So I accept there is strong evidence someone who sympathizes with Russian interests is hacking various parties and candidates around the world. But that is not fact.

There is also strong evidence this is a criminal organization that has been into ransom ware for well over a decade. Assholes yes, but not the intelligence wing of the Russian government.

But then to link Trump to the hacks, You’ve built a fantasy bridge too far. You might as well be making up any old nonsense or story that pops into your head.

I’m not American, not that it matters, not sure why you assumed that. Well, maybe it’s a tendency of yours.

Actually there are are proven links from the Trump team and campaign to Russian government officials.
No question.
Trump team members lied about those links.
Fact.

Trump has also been rumored to have been been compromised by Russian intelligence services.
Potentialy true ( former MI6 intelligence agent with connections to FSB in Russia put together the dossier)

What needs to be ascertained is what they were doing and who knew what?

Your’e talking about the dossier where he hired hookers to piss on a bed that Obama had slept in? Ooooook, don’t mind me Brian.

If anyone else is interested in the group doing the hacking, this is a very informative read. A little boring, but highly informative, IMO much better than the highly entertaining fake news, but with little to no information.

https://media.scmagazine.com/documents/295/trend_micro-two-years-of-pawn-_73730.pdf

A post was split to a new topic: From Hillary Clinton emails

I thought the CIA already investigated whether Russia interfered in the U.S. election in November and had proof that it did. Yes, it’s secret proof but it’s still proof. That’s why the news media, Hillary Clinton and the DNC have all ben stating as fact that Russian interference in the election was one of the two reasons why Clinton II lost a sure bet to an orange haired interloper.

Apparently the FBI is investigating on its own now though whether Russia interfered in the U.S. election in collusion with the orange haired clown and his people. Why doesn’t the CIA just share its proof with the FBI and save a lot of time and money – unless there’s somehing wrong with the proof?

1 Like

Been there, done that.

[quote] For much of the summer, the F.B.I. pursued a widening investigation into a Russian role in the American presidential campaign. Agents scrutinized advisers close to Donald J. Trump, looked for financial connections with Russian financial figures, searched for those involved in hacking the computers of Democrats, and even chased a lead — which they ultimately came to doubt — about a possible secret channel of email communication from the Trump Organization to a Russian bank.

Law enforcement officials say that none of the investigations so far have found any conclusive or direct link between Mr. Trump and the Russian government. And even the hacking into Democratic emails, F.B.I. and intelligence officials now believe, was aimed at disrupting the presidential election rather than electing Mr. Trump. – New York Times, Oct. 31, 2016[/quote]

There is absolutely nothing on the Russian investigation, according to Comey, Clapper, Maxine Waters, and Sen. Dianne Feinstein, who is the Senate expert in all things security — if anyone should know, she would. All they say is they have nothing “at this moment,” meaning they’re expecting, they’re only hoping. This video wraps up all they got on Russia ties narrative:

Comey got fired because Trump asked him to do his job and investigate real crime that we actually know happened: the unmasking of Flynn and other Trump aids by Democrats (like Susan Rice). And this is felonious…this is exactly the thing the FBI should be looking at — how the Democrats have been breaking the law left and right to try to get this Russia alliance narrative afloat. And Comey knows who did it. And Trump asked Comey to do his job and look at that known instance of crime, and Comey says, nope, won’t go there. That’s insubordination. That’s not doing your job.

Trump’s got great instinct, the more I see him in action, the more confident I am in him. Hoover was another FBI chief who needed to be fired because he was playing politics and subverting democratic processes but 5 presidents were afraid to fire him for political reasons. Trump isn’t that!

Catherine Herridge: The accusation against the former FBI director, and this comes mostly from Republicans, is that he has been sort of slow walking records about the Americans who were identified or unmasked in these intelligence reports and providing them to Congress. And the reason that’s a big deal is that everyone in the IC, in the intelligence community knows that there is no bigger, deeper, wider, extensive paper trail than there is when you unmask or identify an American citizen. And it should not take months. It should take weeks if not the course of several days to know who was unmasked and who made those requests and that has not been provided.

They are still working hard on this case.
General Flynn under further investigation.
It’s very much alive and kicking.

Surprise surprise. There was nothing on Hillary and the emails or Hillary and Benghazi because… there was NOTHING. Ditto for this “investigation.” Now, Hillary and the Clinton Foundation… and Trump and other aspects of his team… possibly but the Russia investigation … well… these are ugly political activities that I didn’t like when they were targeting Hillary and I don’t like when they target Trump.

Are you confused who is targeting who?