Hillary Clinton Used Personal Email at State Dept., Possibly Breaking Rules

Memo to Republican Committee members:

Stop doing interviews of people who are so much smarter than you. Of course that may restrict you to members of your own party- you know, the guys who nominated Donald Trump.

I think the obvious solution is to vote for Donald Trump instead of crooked Hillary. He’s definitely a man of the people. I means sure, he’s been the target of multiple full scale IRS audits, been through bankruptcy court multiple times, had his incompetent ass covered several times in bail outs, and been defendant in over a thousand court cases over negligence, breach of contract, fraud, defamation, tax disputes, etc. But who among us hasn’t? He’s still a man of the people, not one of those shady 1-percenters…

Meanwhile we’re supposed to give a shit about Hillary Clinton and her email server? When the guy investigating didn’t even put any of it on record, didn’t even interview all the people who spoke to her, and can’t prove a single bit of wrong doing besides his gut feeling that she wasn’t responsible? Got any proof at all, like anything at all? Nope, nothing. But her last name is Clinton so something must be wrong right?

The funniest part about this isn’t that there is not one shred of anything even close to resembling proof of wrong doing, but that 50% of Americans will actually buy into this amateur hour of an investigation and think it means something. How low can the bar get this election cycle?

The obvious solution is for the FBI in particular and the U.S. legal system in general to stop interrogating anyone under oath, recording interviews with potential suspects, prosecuting anyone for perjury and/or obstruction of justice so we’re all equal under the law finally. That and exonerating Martha Stewart and expunging her criminal record and anyone else whom the FBI ensnared in perjury and obstruction of justices charges because it interviewed them under oath and kept a record of the proceedings. Improving the educational systems in the U.S. and Canada wouldn’t hurt either so citizens of both countries have more than a rudimentary understanding as to how their legal systems work.

Maybe all these silly agencies which keep to secret information on antiquated secure facilities should just do away with them all and create a Facebook page instead, every time they enlist a new covert agent they can update their twitter feed.

Interesting, when it comes to Donald trump you seem to get not being charged or not being found guilty of a crime is not the same thing as “can’t prove a single bit of wrong doing” or the same as being exonerated.

From the hearings; questions in italics , Comey’s answers in bold
…

[quote] Did Hillary Clinton lie?
To the FBI? We have no basis to conclude she lied to the FBI.

Did Hillary Clinton lie under oath?
Not to the FBI. Not in a case we’re working.
…
Do you agree with the claim that General Petraeus “got in trouble for far less”? Do you agree with that?
No, it’s the reverse.

What do you mean by that?
His conduct, to me, illustrates the categories of behavior that mark the prosecutions that are actually brought. Clearly intentional conduct, knew what he was doing was a violation of the law, huge amount of information. Even if you couldn’t prove he knew it, it raises the inference that he did it. An effort to obstruct justice. That combination of things makes it worthy of a prosecution.
…
If you’re going to classify something, there has to be a header on the document. Right?
Correct.

Was there a header on the three documents that we’ve discussed today that had the little “C” in the text someplace?
No…There was no header on the email or the text.

So if Secretary Clinton really were an expert at what’s classified and what’s not classified and were following the manual, the absence of a header would tell her immediately that those three documents were not classified. Am I correct in that?
That would be a reasonable inference.
…
I understand why people are confused by the whole discussion. I get that. But you know what would be a double standard? If she were prosecuted for gross negligence.
…
Did you get any political interference from the White House?
None.

Did you get any political interference from the Hillary Clinton campaign?
None.
…

[John Mica, Republican, Florida]
Tomorrow we’ll go back to our districts and we have to explain to people, in a couple cafes where I see folks and have meetings. They’re going to ask a lot of questions about what took place…One week ago, former president Clinton meets with the attorney general in Phoenix. The next Friday, last Friday, Mrs. Lynch, the AG, says she’s going to defer to the FBI. On Saturday morning I saw the vans pull up…Then on Tuesday morning…you basically said you’re going to recommend not to prosecute. Correct? And then Tuesday we had President Obama and Secretary Clinton arrive in Charlotte at 2:00. Shortly thereafter we had the attorney general closing the case. This is rapid fire. I mean, my folks think there is something fishy about this. I’m no conspiracy theorist, but there are questions on how this came down.

I hope what you’ll tell the folks in the cafe is, look me in the eye and listen to what I’m about to say. I did not coordinate that with anyone. The White House, the Department of Justice, nobody outside the FBI family had any idea what I was about to say. I say that under oath, I stand by that. There was no coordination. There was an insinuation in what you were saying. I don’t mean to get strong in responding, but I want to make sure I was definitive about that.[/quote]
motherjones.com/kevin-drum

But of course he’s saying that; that just shows he’s part of the cover-up. Wait for the whistle-blowing from all the other FBI agents who worked on the case- unless they’re in on it too…

As Kevin Drum points out at the link, the Republicans shot themselves in the foot on this one- it was a great chance for them to pound away at the charges of carelessness and negligence.
Instead, out of a combination of CDS , desperation over Trump being their candidate, and a need to throw red meat the base to avoid being primaried rom the right, they completely overshot.

Meanwhile, who’s got time for the minor stuff?

[quote]While Congress dithers over the advancing Zika virus, another smoldering epidemic keeps threatening to burst back into flame.

Ebola.

Emergency funds to fight that deadly virus may run out in October because they were poached to fight Zika until Congress agreed on a plan to battle the new, mosquito-borne epidemic.[/quote]

Read more: politico.com/story/2016/07/c … z4DyLqSAwu
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

politico.com/story/2016/07/c … ola-225317

[quote=“MikeN”]From the hearings; questions in italics , Comey’s answers in bold
…

[quote] Did Hillary Clinton lie?
To the FBI? We have no basis to conclude she lied to the FBI.

Did Hillary Clinton lie under oath?
Not to the FBI. Not in a case we’re working.
…[/quote][/quote]

All true, of course. She didn’t lie under oath to the FBI because they didn’t put her under oath when they questioned her. And Comey has no basis to conclude she lied to the FBI because he wasn’t at the interview, it wasn’t recorded, no transcript of the interview was made and he didn’t talk to all “five or six” of the agents who interviewed Clinton. Maybe that’s why he didn’t give a simple yes or no answer to the question whether she lied or not.

Too bad the interview wasn’t recorded in some way though because apparently Clinton told the complete truth this time.

[quote]During testimony before Congress on Thursday, FBI Director James Comey stated that the FBI’s interview with presumptive Democratic presidential nominee former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was not under oath or recorded, but it still would be a crime to lie to the FBI.

Comey stated that he did not personally interview Clinton, and did not talk to all of the “five or six” who did interview Clinton.

He was then asked, “did she testify or talk to them under oath?” Comey answered, “No.” But added that “it’s still a crime to lie to us.”

When asked if there was a transcript of the interview, Comey stated that there wasn’t one because the interview wasn’t recorded, but there was an analysis of Clinton’s interview.[/quote]

Time to bump this flamewar. Evidence of criminal intent is emerging. Gotta love Wikileaks.

[quote]In a brief email chain released by WikiLeaks on Tuesday, Clinton allies seemed to scurry to respond to Obama’s claim that he was unaware of Clinton’s use of a personal email account while she was secretary of State until after it became public.

“[L]ooks like POTUS just said he found out HRC was using her personal email when he saw it in the news,” Clinton spokesman Josh Schwerin told other campaign aides in a March 7, 2015, email, using acronyms for the president and Clinton.

“[W]e need to clean this up - he has emails from her - they do not say state.gov,” responded Cheryl Mills, Clinton’s former chief of staff at the State Department.

The White House has insisted that Obama was unaware of Clinton’s unusual email setup during her tenure at the State department, even though the two occasionally communicated by email.[/quote]

Also…

[quote]“This is a cheryl special. Know you love her, but this stuff is like her Achilles heal. [sic] Or kryptonite. she just can’t say no to this shit. Why didn’t they get this stuff out like 18 months ago? So crazy,” Tanden wrote.

“Unbelievable,” Podesta replies.

“I guess I know the answer. They wanted to get away with it,” Tanden said, urging that Clinton turn over the emails to the National Archives immediately.[/quote]

It’s only an October surprise if you’re surprised.

When the windsock shifts, you know the wind has changed direction:

1 Like

Because sending emails is so eeeeeeeeevil! Booga booga!

Republicans are so desperate!

Again, the Republican propaganda machine is making a mountain out of a molehill, and is lying to you (as they always do).

Why do people even believe or support Republicans when all they do is lie, lie, lie?

Funny that the mainstream media is covering this email nonsense, but Trump’s upcoming CHILD RAPE trial, not so much.

Take a chill pill Chris, Trumps been on the receiving end of media hysteria for months now, Im sure Clinton can withstand a few hours of media scrutiny.

Besides all those work related emails should be available to the public anyway since they are public servants. If they haven’t said or done anything wrong then there should be nothing for them to worry about. Isn’t that what they tell all of us private citizens whose email should be kept private unless there is good reason to want to see them but instead harvest them all anyway?

1 Like

So the new narrative line from democrats is:“Leaked emails don’t matter” ?

Wow. Just wow.

2 Likes

I think the official line goes along the lines of “not going to comment on stolen private emails” that’s for the wikileaks stuff anyway. Donna Brazile was playing the victim card when asked about the question she provided to Clintons on the John Podesta emails. Oh and Russia!!

But yeah, I don’t know what to say about the Democrats that are ignoring all the leaks as if they don’t matter. I second your sentiment, wow is right.

1 Like

No. The narrative is “Here we go again. More Republican bullshit.”

I believe that people’s private email correspondences should remain private. I oppose government snooping into people’s emails.

That “I don’t have to worry if I’ve got nothing to hide” argument holds no water. Private is private.

Bill on the money here, except for that last bit :slight_smile:

https://www.facebook.com/Maher/videos/10154125315122297/

I fall into the trap on saying “they’re all the same” at times. In some ways I believe it’s true, but there’s enough there to make a difference.

There should be a word for this kind of shrill, desperate poo-pooing.

Bubbette has turned on the FBI, end everybody’s turned on Bubbette, and there’s protest resignations from the FBI. Oh, and it looks like Huma committed perjury.

What a lovely kerfuffle. When Bubbette lies down with dogs, they get fleas from her.

This guy’s also a gift that keeps on giving:

Not really a surprise:

1 Like

The FBI investigation is into Wiener, and has nothing to do with Hillary.

There are 3 investigations. The one with Antony Wiener, the one related to Clintons Email server and one related to the Clinton Foundation.

If you don’t think the discovery of tens of thousands of emails from Hillary Clintons top adviser at the State Department and on her Clinton Foundation don’t relate to Hillary Clinton you’re wrong.

You dont know what they are, nor do I. But stop with the silly statements. maybe they have all already been disclosed. I don’t know. Republicans didn’t create the ClintonEmail.com mess that was all her own doing.

1 Like