HK Residents & Entry Requirements

Can someone sketch out the details of the permit scheme that is used for Hong Kong permanent residents who want to make a short (7- 14- 30- day) trip to Taiwan?

Information in English is sketchy at best. Thanks!

Depending on your nationality, you should be able to pick up a landing visa at the airport.

HK permanent residency doesn’t mean anything in Taiwan. Despite what you may hear, they are in fact two completely different countries. Or do you mean you are travelling on a HK passport?

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Depending on your nationality, you should be able to pick up a landing visa at the airport.

HK permanent residency doesn’t mean anything in Taiwan. Despite what you may hear, they are in fact two completely different countries. Or do you mean you are travelling on a HK passport?

HG[/quote]

It’s for a friend, Hong Kong born Chinese with the HKSAR and GB(O) (Great Britain Overseas) passport. I know that the ROC has special entry requirements for people with the HKSAR passport/GB(O). I believe that essentially, they don’t recognize them, but they are valid with a special permit you can get in HKG. I wanted to know about that permit and how to get it, timing, etc.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Depending on your nationality, you should be able to pick up a landing visa at the airport.

HG[/quote]

Also, gotta say I love the icon. I’ve been trying to introduce Homer (and his clan) to as many Taiwanese as I can with some mixed success… :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, sorry mate, I can’t help. Ask your friend to call Chung Hwa Travel in the Lippo Centre. They are the de-facto Taiwan embassy (visa issuers and the like).

Chung Hwa Travel Service Hong Kong
Address: 40th Floor, Tower One,
Lippo Centre No. 89
Queensway, Hong Kong

TEL: (002-852) 2525-8315
Emergency TEL: (002-852) 9314-0130
FAX: (002-852) 2810-0591

Chief: Tang, Diann-wen
EMAIL: rochkg@netvigator.com
URL: www.mac.gov.tw

Sorry for the confusion.

HG

HG[/quote]

Yeah, I tried telling them that in China the other week HG. They weren’t impressed though. :smiley: :smiley:

For some reason, agents at UA (United Airlines) in Seattle always look at my PRC visa not my ROC Visa when heading to Taiwan and hassle me about it. Fortunately, I just fake an onward ticket for them, when they ask. Their Timatic automated info never works quite right regarding that “extendable visa” thing that we can do here.

Getting a visa at the Seattle TECO has always meant getting one of the older “Republic of China” + Birds stickers, not one of the newer “Republic of China (Taiwan)” visas with Taipei 101 on it.