Hollywood(!) Style Drug Bust On Freeway 3

180Kg’s of Ketamine seized in a bust on freeway 3. Described as “being like something out of a Hollywood action movie.” by motorists it looks more like something from a bad comedy that could easily have turned into a tragedy for innocent motorists on the freeway. Watch the video https://youtu.be/HNwr29elTY4 , the lack of firearms discipline is frightening, if the perps were armed it would have been a slaughtering match and I’m not sure the cops would have come out on top. Pay particular attention to this genius who looks like he’s on his first day on the job.

Wow. It’s kind of hard to imagine how that wound up being the place they grabbed them

Apparently 2 undercover cars were following 2 car loads of perps from Taichung and expected them to stop at a freeway rest stop were they planned to pounce. Seems they didn’t need a rest and kept going so the undercovers called ahead and had 4 marked units block the entire freeway somewhere near Taoyuan. 3 lanes of traffic jam packed with families on a day out, great backdrop for a shoot out.

why couldn’t they just wait to where the drop is and get everyone?

Keystone cops.

That was a lot of ketamine. I can see why they wanted to make sure, but not in a hundred years how they ever got on the highway.

I suppose, i’m surprise K is so popular, when I was in the army many people told me they tried it as early as middle school.

Well I guess the upcoming music festivals like Ultra won’t be as energetic.

1 Like

Not necessarily lol

Very dangerous interception with so many civilians surrounding the cars.
That’s a lot of ketamine!

NT$180 million (US$5.9 million) worth of ketamine 2 cars

Where does one sent a CV?

That source is way off. There was no “dramatic, high speed chase.” The perps weren’t trying to “flee,” because they had no idea they were being followed. There are a lot of other holes in that version of the story.

The picture used in that source is also pathetic as it fails to illustrate the full scope of the actual loot.

Where did the OP find that quote: “being like something out of a Hollywood action movie."?

I haven’t read that in any of the English or Chinese sources of this story.

Well, ketamine is a sedative/anesthetic that puts you in a semi-comatose state, so I assume that would make the festivals more energetic.

OK, I guess the upcoming music festivals won’t be as connected to the universe.

Or at least as comatose.

From here. Google a quote and you can usually find the source.

That’d be one boring Hollywood movie.

“Oh my god, did you see how that one guy came up and broke the passenger window of that car that was in standstill traffic?!”

I already knew the source. Thanks for acknowledging it.