Hong Kong Citizens Move to Taiwan in Waves After Political Upsets

Look, you complain that HK come here and freeload because they are ethnic Chinese. Since there is no chance in hell they will change that, I propose another source of income. Moreover, it is better since there is even a lesser chance of getting young inmigrants to Taiwan from anywhere. Especially Mainlanders who have better options abroad. The ones we attract…as we say in Spanish, that rice has bugs in it. Like a Huawei phone.

As always, my experience is different. Out of an office of young workers, 3 out of 20 with various cancers, 1 dead. Unless government workers are really prone to cancer. Of my neighbors, most elderly veterans, they rely on their especial status…but still hold private insurance.

Well and my experience is still 99 percent women losing their kids. I only know two professional women who kept them. But let us not stray.

As to NHI expenditure, cancer treatment is the most expensive. All Taiwanese I know have some kind of extra medical insurance and as with bank advice, I tend to listen to their experience. So what numbers tell of how many Taiwanese have cancer insurance?

What I complain about is that Hong Kong people generally oppose One County Two Systems to varying degrees, yet make use of a an extension of One China to leech on Taiwan’s public health insurance. Not even to mention the effects on the real estate market.

The question I therefore raise is whether Taiwan(ese) should continue the cozy approach to Hong Kong and its people, which is arguably fueled by sympathy in light of Beijing’s policy towards the territory, or move towards realism and recognize these colonial ass-licking Ferengi for what they are: elderly parasitic undesirable immigrants with no benefit to Taiwanese social well-being.

HK people oppose the same as Taiwan people: the use of ethnicity/cultural commonalities to justify a dictatorship and leaves them unprotected and defenseless against corruption.

I do not think Taiwan accepts One China, unless you mean China on the other side.

The ROC constitution holds to the idea of certain territories and people’s belonging to it and bestows the citizenship on blood basis. Hence, the problem we have now.

Therefore the HK people are in no way abusing the system any more than transient so called ROC citizens living in US or Canada or elsewhere and coming here for medical treatment, again,without paying.

We cannot blame HK for a portal opened here.

Who decided the regulations on immigrants from Hong Kong and Macau is taiwan. As far as HK and Macau people are legally immigrating, obeying those regulations, whom you should blame are people who set the laws.

Another big loophole is as Icon mentioned the hoardes of overseas Taiwanese that come back every year to take care of all their medical issues and the ones that come back when they get old to retire and leech off the nhi benefits that they didn’t pay into