Hong Kong Visa run

I just quit my job and my ARC has been cancelled. I now have 12 days (it was cancelled 2 days ago) to either go to Hong Kong and get a visa or find a new job.

I have a few questions…

1. What visa should I get in Hong Kong?

2. What will I need to get that visa?

3. If I get a new job, do I need another medical check-up to get my work permit?

I think I will only need a 1 month visa. Will I need to give proof of my finances? Outward bound ticket?

Thanks

What about putting information like this in the WIKI?

It would help a lot of people and prevent the same questions from being asked over and over.

The Search Function doesn’t help a lot. I tried it and searched through the results for a while. Even when I narrowed it down with more specifice search words.

Anyways. Just a thought.

Thanks

It’s more a matter of what visa they will give you - and that will probably be a 60-day visitor visa, extendable or not.

It they give you a visa, it will probably be a 60-day one. If you have the passport of a country that entitles you to a visa exemption (visa-free entry), they may refuse to give you a visa on the grounds that you don’t need one and 30 days is quite enough for sightseeing. This happened to me once in Hong Kong.

Always better to get a job and a work permit in the pipeline before throwing yourself before those notoriously cranky lions in the HK psuedo-embassy.

But while in HK, I suggest you stay here:

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Always better to get a job and a work permit in the pipeline before throwing yourself before those notoriously cranky lions in the HK psuedo-embassy.

HG[/quote]

You’re a trollop HG. Throwing your island open for every shanky visa-hungry waster that turns-up from the 'wan. You give the impression you’ve completely forgotten your Catholic upbringing. Filthy stuff.

[quote=“gcat”][quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Always better to get a job and a work permit in the pipeline before throwing yourself before those notoriously cranky lions in the HK psuedo-embassy.

HG[/quote]

You’re a trollop HG. Throwing your island open for every shanky visa-hungry waster that turns-up from the 'wan. You give the impression you’ve completely forgotten your Catholic upbringing. Filthy stuff.[/quote]

Opps, that was me. Forgot to logout SO. :smiley:

You’re so busted!

But the truth is, I’d prefer Taiwaner visa runners on my island than the local FILTH (failed in London try HK).

HG

I’ve been to Hong Kong like 4 or 5 times so i’ve seen it already.

Also. I overstayed last year and my visa-exempt status ends next month.

I will try to find a job so it’s in the pipeline. Good idea. But if not what will I need to get the 60 visa. And I need it to be extendable to get a resident visa right?

I think the first time I was there I bought a visa in the Lippo centre, but tghat was 5 years ago and I forget… The other times I had a 1 year multiple-entry visas so I just had to land and come back.

Thanks Formosans.

They might give you one for tourism or visiting friends. They should give you one if you have signed up for classes or have a job application underway.

No. A resident visa is a replacement for a visitor visa, not an extension of one. Nice to have an extendable visitor visa, though - It gives you more time.

So a friend of mine is in HK right now.
He got a job at a school here, and they gave him a letter of employment.
The HK Taiwan visa office gave him a 60 day visa, but it’s non-extendable.
They said that his employers will use it to arrange for a work visa in Taiwan. Is that right?
Or does it have to be an extendable 60 day visa?

And, they charged him, like $100 US dollars for it. He’s a US citizen and a HK permanent resident.

I already answered that question :unamused:

No. A resident visa is a replacement for a visitor visa, not an extension of one.[/quote]

Yes, I was just testing to make sure that you remembered what you wrote. :wink:

I haven’t done this in years and can’t find conclusive info on their website.

Can I still apply for rush service in Hong Kong for Taiwan Resident visa? As in, apply in morning and pick up in the afternoon. I thought I could in the past but things change.

Also, health check required?

LOL. The bad things about Forumosa is that it’s SEO is so good, so decade old topics get earthed up.

Everything you need to do an be done inside the ROC now. So don’t ya worry!

I didn’t want to start a new topic for such an common question that most know the answer to but me.

I landed here with a visa exempt stamp. I assume I have to go abroad to get a resident visa, has that changed too?

You do not. I have converted visa exempt to resident visa before.

Wow. Thats great. Thanks.