Hotel chains

I would like to know why someone hates Ibis hotels so much. @IbisWtf
It’s an average cheap hotel chain.

It is part of the Accor chain, which includes Novotel and Mercure. I stay at these regularly when on business. I far prefer them to Ibis, which is more budget. But yeah, dont see why people dont like them. I would say the American equivalent would be Best Western.

The biggest problem about budget hotels (i.e., cost less than 70 USD per night) is the soundproofing.
You can literally hear what your neighbors are doing in the middle of the night.
Other parts of the room (the bed, the bathroom, etc) don’t really differ that much.

I agree…I prefer Novotel first, then Mercure, and have not stayed at IBIS yet. I will be in October for two nights, because of the limited offerings in a small French town I will be visiting.

We put our customers up at the Novotel at the airport here and I’ve stayed there once in their excecutive suite. It was very nice! Won a go-kart race that the Novotel put on and first prize was a free night.

Stayed at an IBIS in New Zealand last year. Wasn’t on the same level as the Novotel, but much better than a Best Western in the states.

I agree. I have relatively high standards for hotels (Four Seasons, Landis, Hilton, Novotel, etc) and generally like the Accor chain. I especially like the money coupons you get from them if you are a club member and stay frequently.

Best Western in North America varies widely because it is locally owned. Some are near the quality of the ones stated above. Some…are definitely not.