Hotel swimming pools in Taipei available to the public

Hi everyone! I’m going to be in Taipei from July 25 - Aug 8 and given how hot it is going to be I was wondering if there were any hotel swimming pools in the city that are available to non-hotel guests. I had a search online but couldn’t really turn much up- my apologies if this has been covered in a previous thread. On a more general note, if anyone is around during those two weeks and would be interested in meeting up/showing me around shoot me a message!

Thanks,
Sean

I know the W is but you need to pay. Or else you can imagine everyone would go.

W hotel is ok, nothing special. There should be more roof top pools in Taipei, but the locals are not really into the idea. There must be a few decent ones. I swim in Bitan Lake to cool off.

Thanks a lot, guys.

I’m glad there aren’t more. I think its a waste of space. I’d rather them build a penthouse or something.

Do the hotel pools require swimming hair caps? I can’t stand that rule.

Compared to Bangkok. Loads of roof top hotel pools. Taipei is way behind.

If way behind is having less pools I am all for it. Penthouse suites are way better.

Fewer. Penthouse suites are cool.

You peasants. Penthouse suites with a pool is where it’s at.

Hotel swimming pool availability in Taipei is the same as other hotel swimming pool availability anywhere else in the world. If you’re not a hotel guest, you’re probably not going to access the pool unless you go to the bar and buy some drinks or something.

If you just want a swimming pool, Taipei City has a lots of swimming pools provided by the city. You just search swimming pools on Google, you’ll find them. Many of them are open all year round and are indoors so you don’t have to worry about the weather or anything else.

You used to be able to pay a day fee at the Shangri-la rooftop pool… probably still can. Not cheap of course.

If you want a pool to actually swim in, they are all over the city as somebody else mentioned. Let us know where you’ll be staying and we can direct you to the closest one.

If you want to swim, check out the scenery, have a drink while doing so, etc., I would recommend a beach like Baishawan or Fulong that is not far from the city. They only hotel pools I’ve been to are in Hualien and they are somewhat stale in their atmosphere.

The Grand Hotel pool is not cheap, but it’s a great escape. It’s situated on a cool, green hillside overlooking the city. I recommend it.

1 Like

What does OP intend to do at the pool?

If you want to actually swim, there’s district gyms in which you can pay by the hour.

If OP wants to just lounge and get in some sun, I assume most hotels will allow you to use the pool if you pay a fee. I also hear that the Shangri-la rooftop pool is awesome.

I am a member of the Shangri-La and yes the pool is indeed awesome with probably the best view of Taipei. Even better than 101.

I think it’s either 1000 or 1500 for me to take a guest. But if you just walk in and try and access the pool, I don’t know if they even have that option

Just walk in like you’re supposed to be there and more times than not they won’t even question you.

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: From Hotel swimming

If you’re looking to meet people. There are regular pool parties at places like the W and other places. They’re about 1000nt to get in and usually come with a drink with access to the pool as well.
Havana pool parties are popular and they have monthly ones. This is the nearlest to date, they will have one around your time as well. https://www.facebook.com/events/109310176354021/?ti=icl

4 posts were split to a new topic: From Hotel swimming